cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds and Slow support

Docrob
Grafter

Slow Speeds and Slow support

I reported a problem with my broadband running slow - speeds around 37-40MB whereas it was 60 + on Fibre over 24 hours ago by phone. A ticket was raised but it is stuck awaiting support. I am not getting txt or email copies either. How do I wake up business support ?
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Slow Speeds and Slow support

Hopefully someone from Business Support can see this post on here and pick it up.
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi DocRob,
I see you have a response on your support ticket and that you are looking at a replacement router following our suggestions.
Please get back to us on the ticket or feel free to reply to this post if you need further help.  I'll check for any updates on here Smiley
Steve
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi DocRob,
Just a quick note to say I have re-tested your line and see a very high number of drops in connection since my last update to you.
I did try calling you and left a voicemail message. Based on the test results I feel the service is remaining in sync but dropping PPP. The FTTC circuit is not showing any retrains and has no banding or barring in place.  Interleaving is currently off.
I've updated your support ticket and based on your comments regarding the router would very much like to see how the line performs once this has been changed over.
Please get back to me either on this forum post, or by calling me on the Biz Support number 0800 0280282.
Docrob
Grafter

Thanks I now have what looks to be a stable network. I am using one of my servers as a server/gateway as they support PPPoE with no Modem. The replacement modem I have does not allow the WAN and Lan connections to be on the same subnet. Any suggestions all I really need is a router that supports PPoE, I don't need all the trimmings Nat, firewall wireless etc..