cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slight input validation error on the signup page

jschlackman
Dabbler

Slight input validation error on the signup page

When setting up a new account today, I came across a slight issue with the input validation on the signup page that I thought might be worth mentioning.
When the user is asked for Direct Debit details, they get (amongst others) these two fields to fill in:
First name
Last name (or Business name)
Now, for a business, you would only want to fill in the business name since that is the name on the bank account. However, the 'First name' field is not optional - if you leave it out, the page returns and complains that it isn't filled in.
Note that this isn't the case if you change DD details from the Member Centre after signing up - it's only a problem during signup.
I got around it by simply splitting the company name across the two fields once I realised those fields were only used for DD details, and would be concatenated anyway, but it's not ideal for people unfamiliar with the process.
2 REPLIES 2
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Slight input validation error on the signup page

Cheers.  Will get someone looking at that.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
pberry
Grafter

Re: Slight input validation error on the signup page

Issue confirmed and raised as a problem for our Developers. By rights you should be able to leave the Forename field empty if the other fields are filled in. We need to fix that.