Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-up emails

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Sign-up emails

A few days ago - I signed us up for a Business Teleworker account - using direct debit as payment method ( no debit card as we don't have one for the charity )
Today I signed up for my personal home phone B/B & homephone - almost immediately I received a string of four emails.
We did not however get any emails on signing up for the Business teleworker account - I have double checked the email address we gave and it's correct.
I checked the account order tracker - and it says the sign up process is correct - and is Checking details - presumably the direct debit.
Is that the way it should work - i.e no emails for the Business account  ??.

7 REPLIES 7
Mark
Grafter

Re: Sign-up emails

Hi Mal.
No it's not correct. You should get the emails irrespective of the account type.
I'll take a look at this when I get into work and see what is happening.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Odd. I've just signed up a Teleworker account, selected the option to pay via Direct Debit only and I received four emails with the following subject lines...
Your new mailbox
Your new alias
Important - Confirmation that your Direct Debit has been submitted to your bank, pending activation.
Your new account

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Bob, Would the emails be copied to tickets?  If they should be, are they showing on Mal08's account?
Mal08, could they have gone into a spam folder or similar?
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mal08
Rising Star

Thanks Mark / Phil,
I'll make further checks my end - but I did earlier check email address was right.
Our email is redirected - so I'll check with our IT geek 🙂  - as he calls himself.....
Mal
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

A few days ago - I signed us up for a Business Teleworker account - using direct debit as payment method

I'm assuming it's direct debit only? The account will sit in a pre-signup state until the direct debit becomes active, once that happens the account will go to queued-activate and then you'll receive the emails about the mailboxes etc.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mal08
Rising Star

I've got a message from the techie that runs our email for us:
Basically he is saying
"Quote.....
Sender verify failed
[.logs .]
They should learn to send from a valid email address; we do not accept
mails that would not be able to bounce later as a very good anti-spam
measure. I suggest you forward the above logs to them ... </quote>
Huh
The emails were sent on the day I signed up - within a few minutes - as one might expect.
I've sent logs to Mark - maybe I should raise a formal ticket ?Huh

Mark
Grafter

Thanks Mal.
I've responded to your PM's and one of my tech guys has responded to your ticket.
Thanks for the feedback.