cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of such terrible support

XBumble
Dabbler

Sick of such terrible support

I have had a business account with you for years. On every single occasion I have tried to get support it has been appalling.

This record still stands.

A support ticket I entered two days ago has still not been answered. Phone lines don't get answered and the online chat is disabled.

Why am I paying a premium price for business support when it is non-existent?

All I want is a quick answer to a simple question. I've been trying since December 19th 2018 to get it.

Your support is a joke.

Seeing as this seems to be the only way to contact anyone, I want to make a complaint and I want my support ticket I posted 2 days ago to be dealt with immediately.

I still have emails from one of your Directors who had to step in and get my last support issue sorted out. If I do not hear from you, I will be writing to him directly again.

If anyone is thinking of joining Plusnet - don't. The service is good and stable, but the support is worse than BT, and that is setting the bar very, very low. Find another supplier for your business broadband as Plusnet are clearly unable to deal with issues.

29 REPLIES 29
ChrisS1

Re: Sick of such terrible support

My experience is very much the same, sadly

You cannot email them, they don't like that

And they send you back an email saying "we prefer ticketing to emails", which is,....errrr, nice

But then you try to go to Help Assist and create a new ticket

But that is no longer active, and you can't create a New Ticket

Online Chat no better, not active some of the time, and when you get through, you speak to people untrained, who cannot tell you how to start a new ticket (they have out of date instructions, and someone forgot to tell them that this facility is no longer available)

They were pretty good, about 10 years ago

Even when they switched to online support, it was passable

Now, it's hopeless,.......and very sad

XBumble
Dabbler

I've been with them since 2007, but have had nothing but terrible support from day 1. The only reason I stayed is because the actual broadband connection has been very stable.

All I want is a link to where I can change my router password. That's it. Been trying to get this since December 19th.

As you can imagine, when my contract is up I will be moving to a different supplier.

We pay premium rates for a premium business support contract but get nothing of the kind. I can't work out how much money I have lost through time chasing these people up. To any business thinking of using Plus-Net. Don't. It just drains your time, loses you money and gives you unwanted and unnecessary stress.

They have now started telling me they won't give me support for my router because I didn't buy one of theirs. Very petty and very, very unhelpful.

I have contacted Ofcom and filed a complaint.

ChrisS1

I can imagine, how frustrating

It's not as if you're asking something hugely technical - it's basic stuff that they ought to be able to help with, within hours (if not quicker)

XBumble
Dabbler

Their business support time is supposed to be no more than 4 hours (unless they have changed this). I used to have a private number to call for business customers. They seemed to have ditched that now.

So that begs the question as to why we are paying a premium price for business broadband.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @XBumble, I'm sincerely sorry to hear you've had trouble in trying to get support as of recent and we'd be more than happy to assist via this support channel where we can. I have viewed the open question on your account and replied with steps on how to change the admin password for your router. The ticket and my response can be seen here
Apologies if you receive several notifications regarding the response as my response didn't initially go on there when replying and after a few attempts they all appeared at once.
I hope this answers your queries raised on the ticket and by all means in future if there's anything we can help you with moving forwards feel free to let us know via this support channel if you have problems getting through to the business support number ( 08000280282) 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @ChrisS1, by all means if you have any issues or queries and need support and the webchat/call center channels aren't working for you by all means let us know on here and we'll happily do our best to help you.

XBumble
Dabbler

No, not good enough.

You have consistently broken your terms for business support. I am not going to sit on a phone for an hour to speak to someone. Start treating your customers properly.

I received an email from support just now (was that you?), and the content of that email showed quite clearly that my support ticket was not properly read and I didn't get an answer to my question.

I have tried to reply to it by replying to the email and guess what..... it has bounced back. This is BT levels of incompetence.

So what do I need to do now? - oh yes, fill out another support ticket and probably wait another 48 hours because your support team are so incompetent.

If I don't get this resolved today, I will deem you in breach of contract and I will stop my direct debit and put in for a transfer to another company who can clearly deal with customers better than you. I will also be contacting your directors. You should spend more time on customer care rather than creating adverts telling people how much you care about them.

My problem is not about my Thompson router. I just want to know where I can go to change my router password. I have a new router which was not supplied by you and need to enter the password. I do not know where it is. I have no card telling me what it is. Your support told me they would not support me because my router was not one of yours. So what the hell am I supposed to do now?

This is a very simple question - I don't understand why I have had to wait since Dec 19th to get this.

Also, I can categorically tell you that I received no email from your support desk on during December. All email channels were checked. Even the junk folders.

Please, for the sake of my sanity, just sort this out for me.

I just want a password. It's now taken me 3 weeks, 4 or 5 emails, online chat that broke and have now spent all this time on this forum. For just to try and get 1 password.

Every time in the ten years I have been with you and I have had an issue with support, I have had to come on here and complain to get it resolved. And you call this award winning customer care?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

ChrisS1

Ahha,.........NOW you make contact????!

Because the person on Webchat was UNABLE to help

And nobody can tell me how to start a new Ticket in Help Assistant

Perhaps you could start by telling me that

Nope? Thought not

XBumble
Dabbler

It seems my previous post has been deleted - and not by me.

So again I am back to square one.

I simply want the password to enter into my new router. That is all I want.

Why is this so difficult?

I don't have the card that came with the original router. I have a new ASUS router. I need the DSL password to enter into it.

Please, for the sake of my sanity - just give me the password.

I originally asked you this on December 19th 2018. I still don't have the answer.

This is not good service.

If you don't deal with this today then I will deem you to be in breach of contract and I will take steps to move my broadband to another provider who is not so incompetent (and doesn't seemingly delete people's forum posts). This is very, very poor.

Please stop wasting my valuable time. I should be working not wasting time chasing this up with you.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

XBumble
Dabbler

No. I joined them about 12 years ago when I was working for a different company so that email address is long dead.

If I had that, I wouldn't be asking them would I?

I don't want to be rude, but I don't need a PlusNet White Knight riding into the fray.

I am forced to speak to PlusNet via this forum as nobody else at PlusNet responds if you use any other means of communication. I don't want to get into long debates with forum users.

I just want the password.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@XBumble

I assume that business works in the same way as the residential service. In this case the DSL password is the same as you use to log into the member centre. Presumably you log into this to download your bills? The rest of the settings are here under 'what settins should I use for Fibre broadband https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

XBumble
Dabbler

As I mentioned above. I don't want assumptions, I want facts - and from PlusNet not from 'helpful' form users.

My presence on here is through necessity, not because I want to spend time chatting about it to strangers.

I would be grateful if people not working for PlusNet could refrain from filing up this thread with clutter.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@XBumble wrote:

It seems my previous post has been deleted - and not by me.

I'd say it's more than likely caught in the automated spam filter I'm afraid.

Unsure whether it's been released yet or not, can you advise if the post has? 

@XBumble wrote:

I simply want the password to enter into my new router. That is all I want.

Why is this so difficult?

I don't have the card that came with the original router. I have a new ASUS router. I need the DSL password to enter into it.

Please, for the sake of my sanity - just give me the password.

I originally asked you this on December 19th 2018. I still don't have the answer.

This is not good service.

If you don't deal with this today then I will deem you to be in breach of contract and I will take steps to move my broadband to another provider who is not so incompetent (and doesn't seemingly delete people's forum posts). This is very, very poor.

Please stop wasting my valuable time. I should be working not wasting time chasing this up with you.

The DSL password is your account password.

If you can't remember that, you'd be able reset it here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/

@ChrisS1 wrote:

Ahha,.........NOW you make contact????!

Unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure we replied to you within 30 minutes of your post.

@ChrisS1 wrote:

Because the person on Webchat was UNABLE to help

Sorry you've had a poor experience.

If you can advise us what your query is about we'd be happy to try to help over here.

@ChrisS1 wrote:

And nobody can tell me how to start a new Ticket in Help Assistant

Perhaps you could start by telling me that

Nope? Thought not

Unfortunately for the most part you can't raise a support ticket from the member centre anymore.

I believe this was switched off in 2015. But as above we'd be happy to help over here if you can provide more detail regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet