cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I rent a line for fibre Broadband?

Satorim

Should I rent a line for fibre Broadband?

Hello!
Could you explain me please some features of Fibre Broadband Connection. I want to order Business Fibre Broadband. I need just only Internet(not phone).
When I place order I can select line rental or not. I supposed that for getting fibre Broadband I must rent a line. Is it correct? If I chose only Business Fibre Broadband, Plusnet could switch on Internet? Or I have to rent line to another provider?
Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
adamcookeuk
Grafter

Re: Should I rent a line for fibre Broadband?

You must have BT phone line in order to use the PN fibre broadband service. If you already have one from someone else, you should be able to use this with a PN fibre service. However, if you don't have any line, you will need one and it's usually best to get it from PN as it means you only have a single point of contact if something goes wrong (which it does when BT are involved).
Satorim

I had fiber Broadband from BT some times ago, and BT canceled my service, because my line belong another provider(they didn't tell me who line belong to) and  I was not paying for this line. And now I decided to buy broadband at Plusnet and try to understand if I should buy line or not. According to your reply, I must buy line and I will do it at Plusnet.
How could I know whose is this line?
dick:quote
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Who is paying for the line?
Satorim

No one pay for this line. I knew about line after BT had switched off my broadband.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since you don't have an active line at the moment you do need to order one and pay line rental when placing the broadband order with Plusnet. The existing line might simply be restarted to provide the service but Plusnet's provisioning team will sort that out.
The line will have a phone call service on it but there is no requirement to make calls if you don't want to.
David