cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I move to a lower package?

FIXED
mothershiphq

Should I move to a lower package?

My business broadband package is up to 76Mb, but my speeds are around 16Mb due to distance from exchange. 

Would it make sense for me to move to a cheaper package as I can't take full advantage of the speeds I am paying for?

8 REPLIES 8
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Should I move to a lower package?

If it's a Business package you need, then I seem to remember they are all based on the 80/20 offering.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@mothershiphq 

Have you looked lately at the following. It gives an idea of what speeds are currently available to you. WBC FTTP in the left hand column would be nice.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Brian

mothershiphq

See attached

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Fix

@mothershiphq  as @pjmarsh says , there is only one Business FTTC product, that is the up to 80/20.

From your attachement, downgrading to ADSL isnt really an option, the speed estimate is dire! and FTTP isn't an option (unless you've got very deep pockets for the install costs of FTTP On Demand)

edit: although the fact that your exchange is FTTP priority MIGHT indicate that Openreach are likely to be installing FTTP in the near future. I'd suggest checking the availability checker at regular intervals to see if WBC FTTP (Full Fibre) becomes available

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mothershiphq

Makes sense. Thanks for your help!

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@mothershiphq 

You can check here to see if OpenReach have any plans for your area.

https://www.openreach.com/

As a side note, I believe PlusNet do not currently offer FTTP on Business accounts though who knows what happens in the future.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

As a side note, I believe PlusNet do not currently offer FTTP on Business accounts 

@bmc thanks, I'd forgotten that...

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to Business.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still