cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing / Reselling Plusnet Business broadand ?

picbits
Rising Star

Sharing / Reselling Plusnet Business broadand ?

I've been asked to look at networking up a new building which will also entail getting some kind of internet provided at the premises.
We've finished the ground floor and a business is in and receiveing 15Mb download and 1.5Mb upload from BT (spot on the speed checker).
The other two floors are going to be let to small businesses - maybe 5 or 6 and potentially on short term rentals so that will rule them out from getting a phone line ordered, installed and broadband provided on the line.
I'm contemplating getting a couple of phone lines in owned by the management company, business broadband with a handfull of static IP addresses assigned to them then splitting the two connections between the 5 or 6 businesses, each with their own static IP address so they can be accountable for any messing about  / excessive usage etc. Full records of tennants and dates etc will be kept.
We have a feeling these businesses aren't going to be at the premises full time (we're looking at music teachers / temporary offices etc) so usage shouldn't be spectacular. Long term tennants will be encouraged to order their own phone lines and broadband services.
Is this kind of usage I can put a Plusnet Business connection forward for consideration ? The area isn't yet FTTC enabled so we're stuck with a maximum of 15Mb per line at the moment.
Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Jake
Grafter

Re: Sharing / Reselling Plusnet Business broadand ?

Hi picbits,
Definitely worth having a look at Plusnet Partner:
http://www.plus.net/business/partner/
If you want to PM me a contact number and email I'll get in touch and we can run through requirements further.
picbits
Rising Star

Thanks - I'll have a quick read through that. I might not get the contract to sort out the IT at these offices so I don't want to spend too much time on it until I've heard back from them.
Jake
Grafter

No problem, just give me a nudge if you want more information.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Consider a Cyber Cafe Management System to control access/billing for Internet your tenants. Also a multi-WAN load sharing firewall such as they Draytek Vigor series to protect your tenants from a single xDSL outage.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
picbits
Rising Star

Thanks for the heads up. A multi gateway would be ideal apart from the accounability aspect (1 customer per IP address issue).
The system will be put in a secure room but the level of IT experience onsite is restricted to turning things off and on again.
Installing a small Linux server / routing system is a possible option but I don't fancy a 3 hour round drive everytime there is an issue.
The simplest solution I've come up with is a Modem router on the ADSL line bridging the connection to three cable routers each with the static IP on the WAN, bandwidth limiting upstream/downstream turned on and NAT turned on for the LAN side. I could remotely configure these according to the customers requirements (I.e. turning off NAT or opening ports) and if anything locked up, someone onsite could cycle the power.