cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriious Moan About PlusNet Service

CCSIceman

Seriious Moan About PlusNet Service

I've been with PlusNet seven and a half years.
On 12th October I was going on the fibre trial.
Now bearing in mind I have a business account and work from home.
Its not worked since this date.
PlusNet seem to have no real escalation or panic or alrm bells ringing.
Yes the problem is with BT but no one really seems to want to get this sorted. Its as if I'm in a queue and when it gets to the top of the list it will be looked at.
Its just the same answer every day... Call back tomorrow.
No one seems really keen to get this problem sorted or take responsibility for it.
Moan over.
3 REPLIES 3
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Seriious Moan About PlusNet Service

That reflects my fears of using a PN "trial" service for business purposes. I certainly won't recommend them to business clients as a supplier of fibre based connectivity 
At £43.80 a month for a copper based 8 mbs ADSL business service they offer a friendly customer service but I don't see any real sense of urgency for the extra pounds. Similarly there seems to be no sense of urgency in providing a live non-trial properly supported FTTC service for businesses
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
snubbsy

Hi CCSIceman,
I'm sorry to see your ongoing connection issues with your new FTTC connection. It appears the problem in this case is an authentication issue.
Unfortunately with these kinds of faults, they can take time due to their complexity.
We raised an escalation yesterday with our suppliers due to the time it has taken so far for this fault resolution, and I can see that my colleague has been chasing this actively today for an update.
Whilst the product itself is sold as a "trial" by us, the service itself with our suppliers is a fully rolled out product. As such we do not expect such problems with the service; in this case unfortunately it appears you have been affected by an unforeseeable fault within the exchange itself.
With regard to the resolution, it seems that our suppliers are having backend system issues within their suppliers which are delaying the resolution; they have now escalated at their suppliers end too for a quicker resolution.
Our suppliers have advised our next update is due on 25/10/2012 10am. We will check it at this point and update you further via the existing fault ticket, and I will continue to monitor the progress of the fault in the meantime.
CCSIceman

It was a trial when I applied. (16th July)
Three doors away from us had fibre installed the day before us and its working fine.
Yes it has been chased everyday and this week I've had a call everyday.
But as of Friday 26th October it still not fixed.
Although I have to say that it is exxpected to be sorted tomorrow.
My moan was that when you rely on a service and pay for it you don't expect to have no service for 14 days (so far)

I work from home this is how i earn my money.
Luckily I've managed to get a slow BT FON connection but have to pay every day.
But next week I have to go and work in the office until its sorted.
Thats a 400 mile round trip and hotel bills.