cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routed static IP addresses

warrencalvert

Routed static IP addresses

I'm currently with BT Business fibre broadband and considering switching to Plusnet.

One thing I need to confirm is if its possible to have a block of 8 static IP addresses that are routed so I can use them on a 3rd party firewall (i.e. not on the router).

With my current BT setup, I use a Draytek Vigor 2850 router that receives a dynamic IP address  for connectivity to BT.  My static IP address block is configured as a separate, routed IP subnet on the router.  One IP is assigned to the router whilst the other spare ones are configured on the separate firewall that is connected to the LAN interface of the router.

Does anyone do something similar with Plusnet?  Would be grateful if anyone can advise if this is possible.

thanks,
Warren.

4 REPLIES 4
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Routed static IP addresses

Good evening @warrencalvert

Thanks a lot for reaching out, I'm not the best person if you want to get into the nitty gritty of static IP blocks, but we do offer a block of 8 static IP addresses on our business accounts. You'd just need to request this once your services have been switched over to ourselves.

Part of the Terms of this is that you complete a RIPE form which can be found here

Our Business Team would also request that you provide us with a network description, preferably in a mapped form. .

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Hi @adam945 

I don't think customers can get to kb.plus.net!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Business

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

The RIPE form is also located Here

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet