cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripe Request for Static IP's

staylor83

Ripe Request for Static IP's

Howdy All,
New to plusnet and signed up for plusnet business fibre unlimited on the basis I can have a block of static IP's and would just like to ask..... Am I the only one finding it a complete headache trying to fill out the RIPE request?
I have tried to explain to plusnet that my servers are virtualised guests on an ESXi box as is the m0n0wall firewall, but they wont accept this, wanting the following information for each device that needs an external IP Address:
equipment-name:
manufacturer-name:
model-number:
with it being a custom build xcase 4u rackmount case, with an MSI board, AMD CPU running ESXi 5.1 how am I to fill this request form out?  Repeatedly telling me to re-submit my RIPE form is a little ignorant, funny a friend never had these issues with Zen.  Roll_eyes
10 REPLIES 10
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Ripe Request for Static IP's

Do you have a ticket ID?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Equipment name: Virtual Server #1 etc
Manufacturer: Custom
Model No: 12345
staylor83

Quote from: Kelly
Do you have a ticket ID?

If i have to specify virtual server #1 etc. i will.  I think its more a communication issue this, I have tried to explain I am running ESXi but am being offered no assistance in how you want the template filling out for such a scenario.
Kev
Grafter

Morning,
I have looked at the ticket in question and passed this through to our network team. They need to check to make sure the IP's request is valid.
I will try to get you a reply this morning.
Kev
Grafter

HI Again,
I am pleased to say that the IP block has been authorised and added to the account.
The IP addresses have been added to your open ticket and these will take effect when you next reboot your router.
staylor83

Thanks for your help with this matter Kev  Smiley Great customer service.  router will be rebooted around 4.30pm tonight once I get home.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

...and now, if you've got the PN supplied TG582n router, all you need to do is work out how to get it working with multiple IP's Smiley
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117307.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108305.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

staylor83

Thanks for the heads up MisterW, but use monowall at present on my ESXi box, the flexibility with that is I can create multiple vlans to assign to my virtual servers.  Just need to get my head around it all when get in later, then will need to raise another ticket with plusnet when decided what IP is going where to update rDNS.  Cool
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

but use monowall at present
Probably just as well  :), I'm not sure anyone has actually got the TG582n working with multiple IP's

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kev
Grafter

Hi,
In regards to the rDNS, you will have to have the forward DNS configured before we can change the rDNS.
Once you have that set-up, raise a ticket and we can configure the rDNS that you want.