cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redcare Compatible with Plusnet?

cplus

Redcare Compatible with Plusnet?

Hi there. Long time plusnet business customer. 

We are looking to add a new line with fibre with Plusnet. 

Old line is with BT, we have a redcare monitored alarm on this line. Question is can we do either of

1) Get new line with Plusnet. Once setup move redcare onto new line and then cancel the old one or

2) Switch provider BT - Plusnet

The redcare FAQ is not very helpful. It just states: "As long as the existing telephone line is used then Redcare will continue to work. However we strongly recommend that the customer seek confirmation from their new service provider that Redcare is supported."

Is plusnet supported by Plusnet? I can't find this info anywhere, thanks in advance for your help

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Redcare Compatible with Plusnet?

Thanks for your post @cplus and welcome to our Community Forums.

As far as I'm aware Redcare isn't compatible with our lines, but I could be wrong.

Could you drop me a private message with the full address of where the BT line's at including the landline number?

I should be able to take a closer look from that to see if we're able to transfer the service with Redcare on. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Redcare Compatible with Plusnet?

@cplus I've found some internal documentation on how to provision Redcare lines and it does seem possible. 

If you can still drop me a PM once you've signed up, I'll be happy to keep an eye on this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet