cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Chaos after exchange moved to 21CN

dgarratt
Grafter

Recent Chaos after exchange moved to 21CN

I have 2 Plusnet ADSL connections. 1 Business and 1 Residential sharing the same physical line to the premises. For almost a month now both my lines have been experiencing random disconnects, sometimes several times a day, other times it remains stable for 2 or 3 days. I live in a rural area and my BT sync speed is normally 2mb. However I notice that my modem syncs at wildly differing speeds each time it reboots. Sometimes I goes as high as 3.5mb, other times 2.2mb. It never manages to remain running at the higher rate long enough for me to get the higher BRAS profile from BT. I have checked the routers (both of which are Draytek 2820N's) and they are not being effected at the same time. They both have dedicated i-plates fitted with the ring wires removed. Looking at the modulation reported by the modems the residential circuit seems to be on ADSL 2, whilst the business one is still ADSL 1 (G.DMT). I have today invested in a Netgear router modem which I know uses a different chip internally, but this is also syncing a random rates and has already lost connection this afternoon.
Working from home and providing remote support world wide I can really do with a stable connection as there is nothing worse than loosing connection to a customer site half way through an upgrade.
I've logged the problems and gone through the Plus net fault diagnosis system, but the results came back as Inconclusive. The BT speed tester website is not very helpful as the chance that I'll be running the test when I get a dropout is very unlikely, and between these drop-outs the line is working OK.
Any help much appreciated.

Dave
1 REPLY 1
dgarratt
Grafter

Re: Recent Chaos after exchange moved to 21CN

Forgot to mention that the upload speed on my Option 3 line has also now dropped back to 448k from the elevated 650k I was getting previously.
Dave