cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plusnet no longer offer an email only account

saugnac

Hi Gandalf - similar feedback a few weeks - been on Plusnet business account for over 15 years (account: saugnac), we have had to move ISP unfortunately (not because of Plusnet services/support but simply because no prospect of fibre in our area) and we are having to keep business account open despite no longer using the service we called to be told they could not close my account and move us to email only account, could you please assist? would be ok actually even with a redirect MX/CNAME on the subdomain as we have a separate email provider. Many thanks in advance for any help / pointer you may be able to give!

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another and moved.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Cheers for your post and I'm really sorry for the confusion here.

I'm afraid that recent decisions have been made to no longer offer email only accounts moving forward from 22.04.22. 

The good news is that from looking at Openreach's records at your premises, I can see that fibre is available and you should be able to get a speed of between 70.93mbps to 80mbps. If you want to upgrade, I'd recommend calling our business customer options team on 0800 013 2632. They're here Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm. 

If you've got any further queries, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
saugnac

Hi Gandalf - Thanks for your response, I am already on 76Mbps with PlusNet but not using it, I needed to move to 1Gbps for home working needs. If you don't offer mail services any longer, do you know if they'd be able to simply have a DNS CNAME/MX repointing to my sub-domain so that whilst you don't offer the service, all emails for @saugnac.plus.com are automatically redirected to @saugnac.me which is my domain? Many thanks in for any help on finding a creative solution to this real issue... regards - Martin

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Martin,

Ah yes, sorry I see that now. Smiley If you go to manage my mail at plus.net/email you should be able to set up a re-direct to forward emails from your Plusnet email address to your domain. 

However you'd need to keep your account open for this to work, because if we were to close your account, that'd delete your Plusnet email address from our systems, so it wouldn't receive mail to forward on. 

Let me know your thoughts? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet