cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PlusNet Fibre broardband is so bad.

somebodySMELLS

my Plusnet fibre is rubbish,

I signed up for the 75mb business fibre broadband and called them before signing up to it 

and asked if I was able to get that speed they guy on the phone said I was definitely able to get that speed

so signed up and  first of all, they moved my activation date and didn't  tell me until a week later and then it didn't even activate 

so I called them and they activated it, then I ran a speed test to see if I got the speed I paid for and NOPE I didn't get that speed the speed was 24mbps DOWN and 3 UP I've paid for 75mbps so I called them and they said i could only get up to 30mbps at my property !!

but at least my kids can stop asking me when the internet will work

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Post split from an old thread to its own topic for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@somebodySMELLS

What result do you get if you put your phone number in here? https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Hopefully this is a problem that can be solved and you have been given duff information by the agent you spoke to.

If push comes to shove Plusnet will release you from your contract penalty free if they can't provide the minimum guaranteed speed quoted in the email you received when the contract was set up.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

From what I can see the estimates of your line are between 32.9mbps to 48.4mbps so it's unlikely you'd achieve anywhere near 75mbps. However as your router is in sync below expectations at 26.8mbps I'd recommend trying the troubleshooting steps Here and if your speed doesn't increase please raise a fault to us Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet