Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising tickets again

mssystems
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Raising tickets again

I give in. 
I want to raise a ticket to query registering a domain name that should be included with the account at no additional charge, but the portal is indicating a £30(ish) charge.  When I looked at the clock it seems I have been on the No Help Assistant merry-go-round for just about an hour.  The words say a button at the foot of the page will allow me to raise a ticket, but it just takes me around again.  The No Help Assistant very kindly suggested some light reading when I asked it, 'How do I raise a ticket?' But following the steps suggested, I end up exactly where I started.
So please, before I lose my mind completely, can someone please let me know how I can raise a ticket?
An extremely frustrated, long term plus net business referrer.

5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Raising tickets again

Don't use Plusnet to register a domain
Register the domain somewhere far cheaper and then get Plusnet to host it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mark
Grafter

Hi there
When you are in the Help Assistant there should be a text box to the right hand side which says
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you can't find the
answer on the website,
you can get in touch with
our Support Team -
Ask a Question
(Raise a Ticket)
It's just like sending an email but you can view the progress on the website.

The embedded link will take you here https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?help_action=tdl01 which lets you raise a ticket outside of the help assistant path.
Failing that, for your issue, you could look at the following path:
Technical Support - More - Domains and DNS - Registering Domains.
When you click the last link a new window opens. If that doesn't provide what you need, the previous page reverts to this:
The Help Assistant has directed you to a page that should help you.
If the page isn't useful, please make another choice.
> The page is helpful thanks.
> I want to go back and choose again
>Alternatively, ask your Question to the Support Team

The last option provides a link to raise the question directly.
I'm sorry you've had difficulty raising this to us and I'll ensure your feedback is seen by our Web Team.
Mark
mssystems
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: jelv
Register the domain somewhere far cheaper and then get Plusnet to host it.

Fair comment.
In fact, since PNs web hosting went down the toilet I have been providing registration and hosting facilities myself under my own contracts.  However, my customer is already paying for a contract with PN which purports to include domain name registration and hosting.  I see no reason why I should sell them another contract for what they have already paid for.
mssystems
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Mark
When you are in the Help Assistant there should be a text box to the right hand side which says

That is what I was expecting to happen, but the text never appears as far as I can see.

The embedded link will take you here https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?help_action=tdl01 which lets you raise a ticket outside of the help assistant path.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  If I were an attractive lady I would be volunteering to have your children  Kiss
When you click the last link a new window opens. If that doesn't provide what you need, the previous page reverts to this:

Not as far as I can see.  Here is the path
Help and Assistance
http://www.plus.net/support/?helpheader=support
Click 'Hosting Services : Domains'
http://www.plus.net/support/domains_and_dns/hosting/index.shtml?supporta=domains
Click 'How to register a new Domain'
http://www.plus.net/support/domains_and_dns/hosting/domain_registration.shtml
Rate this page (your question was not answered)
Pop up survey window stating feedback will not be responded to.
I'm sorry you've had difficulty raising this to us and I'll ensure your feedback is seen by our Web Team.

Mark, I really can not adequately communicate my joy, or thank you enough for providing a link which takes me directly to the raise ticket page.  
I have always found PN to be one of the best ISPs when it comes to responding to customer queries and technical requests and hence I refer my customers to you, as Inevitably I have to deal with their queries and requests directly.  In fact I charge additional fees to deal with any ISP other than PN.  The alternative is the telephone, which may suit the majority of domestic customers, but is far too inefficient for my purposes as a small business network support provider.  I doubt I am the only business user that can not afford to waste their time listening to Green Sleeves.   My positive perception of PNs support depends entirely on having easy access to the ticket system and the traceability it offers.   Perhaps your comms and web people might consider providing a direct link in the portal for business customers only.
Mark
Grafter

I'm glad that link was of help.
I fully appreciate that our help assistant needs work and is not currently where we'd like it to be. A review is underway. Having acknowledged the failings, I need to emphasise the very great need to have appropriate paths to channel tickets. Whilst not as diverse as the CSC, the BSC still needs to have people with varying skill sets and using appropriate ticket paths ensures the person dealing with the query has the correct skill set.
Having said that, we know there is work to be done and PJ and team have that in hand right now.