cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about Actinic ecommerce systems running on PlusNet

matti_lamprhey
Dabbler

Query about Actinic ecommerce systems running on PlusNet

I'm planning to develop an ecommerce site using Actinic (probably the Express version to start) and hosting it on PlusNet.  Does anyone already do this and have any comments/rants/suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Mark
Grafter

Re: Query about Actinic ecommerce systems running on PlusNet

My understanding of Actnic Express is that they host it and you point your website to it. From their FAQ
Actinic Express automatically provides you with a unique shop address to access your store directly. This will be in the form of:
    http://shop1.actinicexpress.co.uk/shops/myonlinestore
    (where myonlinestore is the name you give to your store)
Simply add a new link on your existing website with your shop address and customers will be able to click directly through to your store.
I dont believe you can actually host the Express version on your Plusnet webspace if I'm reading that info correctly.
matti_lamprhey
Dabbler

Thanks, Mark -- you're quite right, and I've started to build my shop already.  I have a domain registered with PlusNet which I want to use for my shop, and Actinic have given me the IPv4 address to point it to.  I've added a DNS type A record for this domain using the page in my member area here, but when I try it I'm still being sent to my PlusNet website.  Is it just a matter of being patient or do I have to do anything else?
Mark
Grafter

I've just tried 2 of your domains (the two which are similar) and I hit the Actinic default page with both albeit with a notice stating
Store could not be found
If you have just registered for a new Express store you will need to configure your domain name.
To do this log into your merchant control panel at https://secure3.actinicexpress.com/merchant/index.php
Then goto the 'Domain Configuration' section which can be found under the 'Setup Store' menu.

So it would seem that you've pointed it correctly but still have to configure the shop.
Are you perhaps seeing a cached page when trying to hit that domain?
matti_lamprhey
Dabbler

It was a matter of patience and a steep learning curve on DNS record management!  It's coming together now - thanks for your help.