cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my Telephone Number to a VOIP provider

x8r
Dabbler

Porting my Telephone Number to a VOIP provider

We are currently paying for two lines in two different locations - this includes telephone and fibre.

The porting request from Vonage was send off on the 29th of August 2018 for our old telephone number, which is with Plusnet.

It's been over a month and there's no movement, vonage is claiming they are waiting on plusnet to give the go ahead.They also queried Plusnet may need to give them info off BT.

I just want a simple answer to a simple request. lol

Someone help!!

4 REPLIES 4
x8r
Dabbler

Re: Porting my Telephone Number to a VOIP provider

Have tried to ring twice but once waiting time exceeded 40 minutes I've had to hang up because I am using the business line. Some support from somewhere would be helpful.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

From what we can see the request was processed on the 2nd and the number should transfer on the 17th

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
x8r
Dabbler

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for that info, however it seems like Vonage are waiting for your instructions, I have phoned them just now, and they have no knowledge of the transfer date. I appreciate that this was only process on the 2nd of October (I'm assuming here as you did not indicate what month), and I don't know how your number porting services work, however is it possible to get someone from your end to talk to Vonage to get this ball rolling? I do think we have been very patient with it, just would like this set up correctly so we can stop paying for two line services.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what we can see everything is transferring fine.

As we don't have a number porting team and just use Openreach numbers they'd need to contact Openreach's number porting team if they have any particular concerns

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team