Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet documentation for business users

infobleep
Grafter

Plusnet documentation for business users

Hi there
I have just moved to Plusnet business from O2. I think it would be really helpful if the documentation provided with the router listed all the contact phone numbers for Plusnet and not just those for residential.
Last night I spent 25 minutes on hold, only to be told, after going through some basic tests, that the customer support person cou,d not look at my account in more detail because I was a business customer. Had I known, I might have rung the number.
Turns out the business support is only open between 8am to 8pm, which is fine, providing you actually know that and know which number to ring. The numbers are provided on the Plusnet Web Site so clearly Plusnet feel their is a need for the numbers to be given out somewhere.
The reason I was ringing was because m broadband is not working. I have only just transferred from O2 so I assume something went wrong with the migration process.
I was told that the transfer of the landline take 14 days. I am not certain why it takes so much longer to transfer landlines compared to broadband lines? There was nothing from Plusnet explaining the process. I assumed they transferred together.
Now am I likely to have a period where my phone line is down whilst they transfer me. I was told it takes 1-2 from a broadband line being closed by one supply to it being activated by another. Again I was not aware of this being the case, I thought it was just a couple of hours it took.
I think their really needs to be more user documentation on this whole process. May be that would be considered to encouraging for users to switch companies and no company wants that. I switched because O2 sold their business to Sky and currently Sky do not offer static IP addresses.
Kind regards
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Plusnet documentation for business users

You might find this http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html useful. The delay on phone transfer I believe is an OfCom requirement to avoid 'slamming'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

infobleep
Grafter

Re: Plusnet documentation for business users

Thank you for posting that.
Since I last posted I end further problems caused by the fact someone at the exchange accidentally plugged me into the wrong port. We are all human I guess and so mistakes to occur.
All tests returned no fault because the tests cannot check the address location. May be one day address location could be added to the exchange system. I don't know. It would cut down the time it takes to find this faults and the time an engineer has to spent at addresses. I was told my PlusNet customer support person that the current system is the most cost effective.
So for the last week I had someone else's phone number and they had mine. The BT engineer rang them up today and they confirmed their number, although unknown to them, it was actually the number I was plugged into it. They were using my number, which is actually withheld.
They were on BT. Now waiting for my final bill from O2, as I may have call costs not relating to calls I made. Of course I have to prove to O2 that this occurred. Hopefully it won't be a strenuous process.
The reverse is also true. I made at least one call using the other persons number, unaware it was their number I was using. As I don't give out my landline number much, I didn't miss any calls.
On the up shot PlusNet have agreed to give me 1 months free broadband when I simply asked for last week to be written off. So well done to them for that.