cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet attempting to charge for Engineer missing timeslot.

mikehiow
Grafter

Plusnet attempting to charge for Engineer missing timeslot.

I've used PlusNet on and off for the last ten years or so and have recommended them to countless people. One of those people being a customer who recently ordered a new telephone line along with FTTC.
The install was booked for 8-1PM on Monday the 7th - I asked that the engineer to call my mobile when he was on site.
I attended the site at 8AM that morning and waited in my office with a view of the entrance until 2PM, with no sign of the engineer.
Around 2PM, an engineer called the main switchboard to inform us that they were late because the engineer booked had phoned in sick and they would be with us that afternoon.
Being unable to wait in my office any longer, I continued with my duties around the site, thinking it's ok - the engineer will call. No such call came.
Fast forward to Tuesday, and I'm told the engineer had reported that he could not gain access and I would receive a call from the provisioning team within 24 hours.
Today (48 hours later), I called again to be told that no-one had looked at it, and if I wanted the appointment to be re-booked, I would have to pay £80+vat.
This is totally unacceptable behaviour in my opinion, both from the engineer (to report unable to gain access after missing his slot!) and from PlusNet for a. having not looked at it yet, b. demanding £80+vat to re-book before dragging it through a long and arduous dispute process with BTOR.
Apparently, a manager should be calling me today, but I do not hold high hopes since PlusNet haven't kept a single promise/appointment with this order yet!
3 REPLIES 3
mikehiow
Grafter

Re: Plusnet attempting to charge for Engineer missing timeslot.

So I spent the last hour checking on this.
I checked CCTV - no sign of an Openreach van at either of our gates.
I checked the telephone system - engineer called at 13:51 (when he explained they were going to be late due to the booked engineer being sick and our receptionist explained we close at 1630).
The engineer called again at 16:33 (again, the switchboard, not my mobile as requested) - and immediately hung up. Convenient, three minutes after he was told we close, but with no sign of him on CCTV.
None of the security guards saw him, either.
picbits
Rising Star

Disgraceful but fortunately with your logs / CCTV you can throw it straight back at them !
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi mikehiow,
I'm really sorry for what's happened here. Did a Manager call you back?
Just to ensure I have the right account, can you please PM me the username this is in reference to?