cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Support - Please don't try to fob us off with ridiculous suggestions

SWKChrissie

Plusnet Support - Please don't try to fob us off with ridiculous suggestions

Our broadband service has been less than reliable over the last few weeks, dropping out sporadically. There's been an Open Reach engineer outside by the hub on a couple of occasions so I suspect we're not the only ones who've suffered this in our business centre.
Anyway....we've spoken to a number of different support analysts and of course have to go through the whole rigmarole on each phone call. Yes, we've tried a different modem. Yes, we've tried a new filter. Yes, we've unscrewed the box ....exactly as you asked us to on the last call, and the one the day before that too, remember? 
The annoyance of having to go through the whole conversation again without anyone seeming to read the file is one thing, but this week  I really did have my head on the desk with one support analyst, "Adam".  "Adam" decided we hadn't reported a broadband fault the week before but a phone fault (no, we'd reported both, a lot of noise was discovered on the line and an engineer sent out). He then claimed our broadband problem was down to us overloading it. ..
Eh?  Surely a plusnet system can cope with 3 computers occasionally clicking on our own website, and one iPad streaming radio? Of course it can. Even dial up could cope with most of our normal usage, and I'm sure if "Adam" could be bothered to check on our usage he'd see that. !!!!  Then came the insistence for a speed test - yes, all well and good if we actually had some speed, but it drops out completely or so slow nothing can be loaded. Exactly as we said in the last phone call. Oh and the one before that too....and before that.
Is it unreasonable to expect notes on our file when there's an issue to stop all the repetition? Annoying to us, surely it must be costly to Plusnet too?
Is it unreasonable to expect support staff who don't try and fob you off with any old thing just to get rid?  "Adam" wasn't happy when I pointed out that he was saying our premium plusnet connection couldn't even cope with a very small usage.... further support staff have pointed out his suggestion was way off the mark.
Sorry for the rant, but as yet the problem is unresolved - and I'm anticipating more of the same old questions next week.
If anyone knows how to run a speed test on a system is down please do let us know, I suspect we're going to be at stalemate otherwise.
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Support - Please don't try to fob us off with ridiculous suggestions

If a phone line fault has been reported, then nobody is going to look at any broadband problem until that is known to be fixed.
If there's contention at your exchange, you will get slow-downs -- nothing to do with your own line being overused.
Given that you've seen people working on your local cabinet, have you checked your exchange status here?
Have you actually raised a fault by ticket -- not the same as a support call?  Fault tickets usually keep track of your internal line checks and, if yours hasn't, then I think you've been unlucky.
Hope you get sorted quickly.
Chris
SWKChrissie

Re: Plusnet Support - Please don't try to fob us off with ridiculous suggestions

We reported a broadband issue and for a number of days we had to go through the same questions without any action. One advisor could see all the drop outs in the service but claimed that 2 broadband isn't a guaranteed service and those drop outs are acceptable"  Not when we're running an internet business they're not, and the drop out lasts 15 mins.  Not acceptable at all in fact, and hadn't happened before.
The phone came into it on the last day we called when a lot of noise was noticed on the line. This was a secondary issue to us, the broadband connection more of concern. Someone has been out to sort out the phone, it looks now like the days on the phone to Plusnet support staff on the broadband side of things has been wasted... has anyone even noted the issue in our files? I suspect not.
Surely by calling business support we can expect them to look into this and not have to try lots of other ways to get the issue resolved? If a fault ticket needs raising, surely someone should advise that that's the case (and do it while we're on the phone!) rather than simply fobbing us off with the most ridiculous excuses ....and shouting down the phone when we won't accept the excuse.
I hadn't checked the exchange status - no one has as yet suggested we do so -  I've looked now and it says green.
As mentioned, the problem is sporadic, some days have been fine, some have seen 3-4 drop outs during a working day.
Mark
Grafter

Hi SWKChrissie.
Firstly I'm sorry that you appear to be experiencing a substandard level of service with our business support team. Thats unusual and wholly unacceptable.
There are a number of comments in your posts which trouble me greatly and I've flagged this thread to one of my support team managers.
We will review the call recordings and I promise to deal with any unprofessional conduct and get this issue progressed for you.
Mark
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Moved to here to keep Business User problems in one place
neilm
Dabbler

Hi SWKChrissie,
I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you have had raising your fault with us, and the bad customer experience with regards to the advice your were givem, and the way the call was handled, which quite frankly is completely unacceptable.  As you've indeed acknowledged yourself this is not the level of service you would expect from us at all.  You can rest assured on the back of your conversation with my colleage Chris today, that the complaint is already in hand.
I've looked into this for you and added extensive notes and feedback to the open fault ticket on your account, and spoken to you with regards to where we go from here.  As a fluctuating speed issue we can hopefully now get this looked at by BTW complex faults investigation team and take it from there.  I've asked for this to happen so it's now a case of waiting for BTW to come back to us.  Thank you for your time today.  Please make sure you check the ticket for updates from me.