cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Safeguard for Business customers?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: Plusnet Safeguard for Business customers?

Hi @alpinegrove 

I can confirm that Safeguard is available business customers.

Unfortunately it looks to be broken for your account which we're investigating and expect to be fixed soon.

I'm sorry to see you've decided to leave us and I do wish you all the best with your new provider.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alpinegrove
Dabbler

I'm sorry, but after two months of waiting and so many mixed responses, I simply don't believe you.

If there are any other Plusnet business customers reading this thread (and I hope there are) please can I ask you to check to see if Plusnet Safeguard is available on your account then post back on here so can actually get to the truth.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I understand the frustration caused by the delay and experience you've had.

For the majority of business accounts Safeguard works fine, unfortunately it looks like there's a problem affecting a small number yours included that we're working on fixing as soon as possible.

Again I do sincerely apologise for the experience you've had and the inconvenience this has caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alpinegrove
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

For the majority of business accounts Safeguard works fine, unfortunately it looks like there's a problem affecting a small number yours included that we're working on fixing as soon as possible.

Yet to be convinced.

alpinegrove
Dabbler

Today I was no longer able to access my Plusnet account - invalid username or password.

I'm hoping this is because someone has been trying to fix access to Plusnet Safeguard on my account and for some reason the password needed to be changed.

I followed the 'lost password' link and reset the password and now I have access - any ideas?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @alpinegrove

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry that you had issues logging on to your online account.

Having reviewed your account I can't see any reason there should have been any issues logging on however I am pleased that you have been able to after changing your password.

If you have any further questions regarding your account feel free to get in touch.

alpinegrove
Dabbler

I find it very interesting that now that we have signed with another supplier, you have effectively closed this support ticket without ever having fixed it.

I still don't believe that the absence of Plusnet Safeguard is unique to our account and I still feel that we are entitled to a partial refund of our broadband fees over the prior 18 months due to this service not being available to us at any time, despite it being advertised as such.

Yes we know it is a 'free' service, but it was one of the reasons we chose Plusnet over anyone else and basically we were lied to. The air in car tyres is included free with a car purchase, but you wouldn't expect someone to pay for a car if it had flat tyres!

We sent an official complaint about this issue for which we have yet to receive a response.

We are appalled by the lack of understanding and customer service provided and will make sure that we tell everyone we know.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to see you feel that way @alpinegrove

I can see you've added the same response to your support ticket which I've responded to, but for visibility we have not closed your ticket. It is simply escalated back to yourself because you've advised you're leaving us.

The incident to fix this problem is still open (internal ref IMT-4007). With regards to the "official complaint" you've sent as far as I can see the only complaint is the one I am dealing with as per the open support ticket. If you can advise me how you've sent this in to us I'd be happy to try and track it down.

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alpinegrove
Dabbler

The official complete was sent in writing, dated 5th June 2019. A copy was also sent to OfCom.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification

Can you PM me the address you sent it to?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alpinegrove
Dabbler

Pm sent.

The letter was sent by regular mail, not recorded or tracked.

We received a nice response from Ofcom within a few days.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @alpinegrove 

We've received your letter a while and I'm very sorry for not acknowledging it sooner, it looks like as we received it after I had taken ownership, one of my colleagues in our complaints team left the complaint with myself to manage as the social media/community team are part of the same Customer Advocates department. 

I've just tried to give you a call to discuss this further, but there was no answer. Is there a better time?

We've also received confirmation from the appropriate team believing to have fixed the issue with Safeguard. Can you try turning it on from Here letting me know how it goes please?

Thanks again.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet