cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Safeguard for Business customers?

alpinegrove
Dabbler

Plusnet Safeguard for Business customers?

Has anyone been able to access, activate or otherwise use Plusnet Safeguard on their business broadband? 

All of the plusnet advertising states that plusnet safeguard is included with all business broadband contracts, but I can't find the links to activate it anywhere in the members area on their website and when contacting support they say it's not included.

It's in the list of business service schedules too.

Tags (1)
26 REPLIES 26
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Plusnet Safeguard for Business customers?

Thanks for your post @alpinegrove.

I note that we're already in discussion elsewhere, but I thought it may be easier to give you the steps here on how to add Safeguard to your account:

1) Log in to Member Centre

2) Click the 'Add ons' tab

3) Click the newly appeared 'My Perks' tab

4) Click 'Check my settings'

3) In the top right you'll notice an On/Off switch. Click it.

This should activate the service for you. If you can let us know here if you're still having difficulty we should be able to assist further.

alpinegrove
Dabbler

Please see the screenshot below. There is nothing contained within the "add-ons" tab and no "My Perks" tab to click on.

Capture.JPG

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for the screen of what you're seeing @alpinegrove.

I've updated the incident you were initially added to, to try and get clarification either way.

As soon as I'm provided with an update, I'll be in touch directly. I expect this to be within the next 5 working days.

alpinegrove
Dabbler

Thank you.

The original support ticket (#189773422) has been open for over a month already and the last response received claimed that Safeguard is not included on business contracts which is either BS or all of your marketing materials are incorrect and you have been miss-selling to business customers for some time.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @alpinegrove,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I appreciate your feedback and apologise for any misunderstanding about Plusnet Safeguard from our agents.

OskarPapa has promised to look into this and I have left him a note to ensure he gets back to you with an update within the next 5 working days.

If you have any queries in the meantime, please let us know.

Thanks - LF

alpinegrove
Dabbler

"...ensure he gets back to you with an update within the next 5 working days".

Angry

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the delayed update.

Unfortunately it doesn't look possible to add Safeguard to a business account. However I understand the points you've made and I'm investigating this further with the appropriate people and I'll ensure I update you as soon as I know more next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @alpinegrove

Thanks for waiting, I've just added a reply to your support ticket 189773422.

As the ticket is in my workflow and I've taken ownership I'll see any further replies and will respond as soon as I can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi again @alpinegrove 

Firstly sorry for the incorrect information both myself and other advisers have been providing on this occasion.

We've done some further digging and it is indeed possible to add Safeguard onto a Business Account. It can be added through this link: https://www.plus.net/my-account/safeguard/

We've tried this in the office and it works on a test business account.

At present this link currently isn't visible on the business account page, we've raised that internally to fix. However this can be found through the FAQs here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/how-to-use-plusnet-safeguard/

Having said that I believe you've tried this and the system isn't allowing you to set it up. We're raising this to the relevant team to investigate even further and fix as it should certainly be possible for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alpinegrove
Dabbler

I have waited a further 3 weeks to see if this could be fixed, but the open ticket keeps being put back on hold and I have lost patience and have started the transfer process to another provider. 

I notice that you are STILL advertising Plusnet Safeguard as being included with all of your business broadband packages which I now know is an outright lie, your business broadband customers need to be made aware that they have been mislead and I have reported my findings to Ofcom.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @alpinegrove, thanks for getting back in touch.

I do apologise for the lack of communication there has been, your support ticket was being put on hold as unfortunately we hadn't received an update from the relevant department. My colleague has been closely monitoring this for you and regularly chasing for updates but at the minute it's still currently being looked into.

I am sorry for the length of time this is taking to resolve.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Post #10 states that safeguarding is available on business accounts, however there is a specific issue on this account which support are working on.

If you have made a report to whom ever, I hope you included this fact too.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alpinegrove
Dabbler

Actually, post #10 states that Safeguard has been successfully added to a "test business account" but that the link "currently isn't visible on the business account page". It doesn't say that this is specific to our business account, but it does confirm that Safeguard is NOT included on any 'live' business accounts.

And anyway, we have been waiting for more than 2 months for this to be fixed having had the account for approx 18 months. We have been told that Plusnet Safeguard is not available on business accounts (which has now been proven by the requirement to add Safeguard on a test business account) and Plusnet are STILL advertising business broadband accounts that include Safeguard even though they have confirmed that this is not true. 

So yes, I have included ALL of the facts, Plusnet are lying to ALL business broadband customers and have been for at least 18 months.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

From post #10...

“We're raising this to the relevant team to investigate even further and fix as it should certainly be possible for you.”

The part which states “added to a test account” referred to configuring it on a test account.

Yes the link does need to be searched for as described. On some accounts however that link does not enable SG which has been identified as an account specific issue. I asked about progress on this and, as advised above, have been assured it is in hand.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.