cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub Zero Bridgemode

cedadesign
Dabbler

Plusnet Hub Zero Bridgemode

Is Bridge mode possible with the Plusnet Hub Zero?
If so can I be pointed to some documentation on this or be given some directions.
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet Hub Zero Bridgemode

as a business user why would you even consider using a router with such a limited functionality - and I don't know if it is even possible given the way the software has been emasculated
cedadesign
Dabbler

Well, I didn't, I am being forced to.
And yes, its dreadful, I don't think I have ever seen such a poor UI for a router with such a lack of features. One of the reasons I want to put it into bridge mode.
I managed to put the technicolour into bridge mode using terminal, will this be possible on the Hub Zero?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You aren't forced to
Who said you were
There are many of us using different and better routers on fibre and ADSL
cedadesign
Dabbler

Had the router replaced by service desk in line with testing the connection as to rule out a faulty Techniclour.
My setup was Technicolor (BirdgeMode) > Airport Extreme (PPPoE)
Had no problems for months and months then ran into twice daily dropouts, SNR was increased, No improvements, SNR dropped back to what it was due to no improvements.
I was then send this nail of a router to see if it was the technicolor at fault.
And now I am here to see if bridge mode is possible again.
Did remove the Airport Extreme from the chain to check that wasn't the issue, and its not.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

To answer the original question
Yes it can be done but it needs the config file to be manually edited - not for the faint hearted - https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137629.msg1213981.html#msg1213981
cedadesign
Dabbler

Thanks Oldjim thats what I was looking for.
cedadesign
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
as a business user why would you even consider using a router with such a limited functionality - and I don't know if it is even possible given the way the software has been emasculated

As a business BB supplier why would plusnet consider offering this router to its business clients in the first place?