cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Business

seanbranagh
Grafter

Plusnet Business

Does Plus Net Business option 3 have genuinly unlimited usage same as my current Plus Net Unlimited residential account?
I am thinking of upgrading. I do work part time self employed with web design and various such things. I use my connection quite a bit for remote access and providing various services to my custommers. I currently run two servers at home but later in the year I will be adding more with the use of XenServer. I curently have a block of 4 IP's and I use a Cisco 837.
Would I have a case for upgrading to 8 IP's with a business account as combined with the extra servers it would gime me much more flexability over the services I can offer, services I would prefer to have at my own location as opposed to a third party hosting company.
6 REPLIES 6
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Business

How much do you expect to use?
On one of our business accounts we are currently averaging around 4GB per day.
If you use less than that, you have zero worries. (And I'm sure that we are not near a level that would trigger any negative consequences.)
seanbranagh
Grafter

I have used more than that before on my current package. Over 200Gb/month on a couple of occasions and never have I been contacted to say it was an issue. I sometimes go a little mad with downloading new linux distros and various things. At one point I was streaming video for a few weeks for testing purposes as it relates to my full time job. This is not typical of every month though.
I am interested in extra IP addresses though. If Plus Net did not feel that I had a case for a block of 8, is there an option for me to pay for them?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Sean,
As per my phone call to you earlier we have scheduled your account change for tomorrow morning and someone from business support will give you another call to confirm the new IP range.
Re a larger IP block we won't charge for this but would request some specific info on a RIPE form about your requirements for them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
seanbranagh
Grafter

Why has my package changed to Broadband your way option 4?
Why was my broadband firewall switched on?
I have just spent the last half an hour trying to work out why my webserver etc was suddenly unavailable to the outside world.
Why was I not made aware of the firewall changes?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sean,
The firewall changes were entirely unexpected, please accept my apologies for that. You were changed temporarily to BBYW option 4 as this is currently part of our process to change customers from residential over to business packages.
The way this is done should have made absolutely no difference to the way you were using the service. Obviously it did so I will be looking into that and will get back to you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Be3G
Grafter

For reference, I've removed some posts from this thread (and indeed a few others too) owing to unsolicited advertising and a conversation which then ensued.