Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Business Phone Questions

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Plusnet Business Phone Questions

I am a Homephone customer thinking of introducing a Business customer.
I am confused by the pages in this section http://www.plus.net/business/phone/
Please would someone clarify them for me.
1) "Plusnet Business Phone" "Choice of Pay As You Go or add our Daytime Call Plan"
Am I right in thinking that Plusnet Business Phone is for proper landline calls and nothing to do with VOIP and that the Pay As You Go referred to has nothing to do with PAYG on the VOIP page?
2)  "To get our Phone products
"Make unlimited daytime calls to 01, 02, 03 numbers* for just £6.00 extra per month.
    * Includes daytime calls to UK landlines*
    * Free daytime calls to Plusnet phone users"
Don't Plusnet phone users have UK landlines beginning 01/02/03?
3) With Homephone 0845 calls are included. Is that not the case for Business customers?
4) Where are "daytime", "evening" and "weekend" defined? Probably in the Ts&Cs but where are they?
5) "To get our Phone products you must also have Broadband with us"
If a customer has one line with Business Broadband + Phone enabled can they have just the Phone product on several other lines? If so, do the other lines have to be on the same site as the broadband line (all lines with the same billing address)?
7 REPLIES 7
Simon_M
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Business Phone Questions

1. Yes
2. Good point - it does look a bit like making two features out of one.
3. Pass
4. Bottom of that page. Daytime includes ..... from 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
5. Official answer - probably no. Unofficial answer - talk nicely to Mand and/or Mark & anything might be possible.  Wink
Also note, that unlike Residential customers...
Minimum contract length of 12 months applies. Prices displayed are exclusive of VAT.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: alanf
4) Where are "daytime", "evening" and "weekend" defined? Probably in the Ts&Cs but where are they?

Quote from: Simon
4. Bottom of that page. Daytime includes ..... from 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks.
Whoops! I got so dizzy going round and round the links looking for the Ts&Cs that I missed this information on the main page.
Simon_M
Grafter

Don't worry - nothing like the error I've just made in another thread where I couldn't even read the post two up from mine. Very embarrassing! Ended up giving the right answer, but to the wrong question, in the wrong thread.  Embarrassed
alanf
Aspiring Pro

At last I have found Ts&Cs from the tiny legal link from the front page. However, they appear to refer to a different product to the main page.
1) As I thought and Simon M confirmed.
2) & 3) According to The Charges Schedule (http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/business/index.html#business_phone_charges_schedule)
*Free calls to Plusnet phone users is part of the basic package and does not require one to pay the additional £6 per month.
*Anytime calls are included for an additional £6 not just Daytime calls.
*0870 calls are included for the extra £6 but no mention of 0845 calls. The front page mentions neither 0845 nor 0870.
4) Answered
5) Needs an answer from Plusnet.
prichardson
Grafter

With regards to the unanswered question.
The number of lines we can supply to you will depend on your needs. Each line can only be a single analogue line and will be billed on a separate account (thus, individual payment per line). We will normally only arrange this for the same site as the primary broadband service.
You can call us on 0114 296 5182 to discuss this further as the answer is pretty much that we need to understand your needs more.
With respect to the terms, there are a few problems I have spotted there, which I will raise a problem on (ref 60187) (the anytime bit pointed out and the VAT rate).
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Thank-you for your reply.
Surely new Ts&Cs should have been prepared and marketing materials based on them and not the other way round. I cannot consider proposing PN Business services until accurate Ts&Cs are available for inspection.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

http://www.plus.net/business/phone/
This page is still wrong (or at least differs from the Ts&Cs)
"Free daytime calls to Plusnet phone users" is still under "for £6 extra". As already pointed out,  daytime calls to UK landlines beginning 01/02/03 are already included so Plusnet phone customers do not need a special mention.
"Free daytime calls to Plusnet phone users" should be under "for £13 a month" as the Ts&Cs state that "Free calls to other Plusnet Business Phone and Plusnet Talk services " are part of the basic package.
p.s. Given all the billing problems that have been going on for so long I will not be recommending Plusnet to the potential Business customer I had in mind.