cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Business Fire seems slower than Plusnet ADSL

Highlighted

Plusnet Business Fire seems slower than Plusnet ADSL

Hello,

We have recently upgraded our broadband from Plusnet Business ADSL to Plusnet Business Fibre.

We've never had a super speed connection but as we have 5 users in the office the upgrade seems to have done nothing to improve our speeds.

The plusnet router reports:

DSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 22:22:34

Downstream: 9.975 Mbps
Upstream: 511 Kbps

I have tried to enter our number in the BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

however, I get an error:

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

speedtest reports, from a PC connected via ethernet:

PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

Is there anything else that can be done?

Thankyou Smiley

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 106

Re: Plusnet Business Fire seems slower than Plusnet ADSL

Hi @WFL_ltd,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing poor speeds following the upgrade to fibre and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. It's odd that it's not allowing you to view the data for your number in the broadband availability checker.

I've checked the estimates for your line and, as it's a long line, the estimated speed for fibre is relatively low, though is higher than the ADSL estimate. The ADSL download speed estimate is 1.5-5.5mbps and the fibre download speed estimate is 6.4- 11.9mbps. Please let us know if your speed drops below these estimates.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Fixes: 1,071

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Business

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 921

@WFL_ltd It's not uncommon for our suppliers to look at moving lines to a closer cabinet(The green box in the road) to improve fibre speeds and while this isn't something we or you can influence without a Community Partnership if you'd like to query this further to see if there are any plans I'd recommend contacting Openreach by filling out this form. This should start a dialogue between yourself and Openreach when they get back to you via email. I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 921

@WFL_ltd I've also just checked your landline telephone number in the BT's DSL Checker again and it seems to be working. When you've entered it were there any spaces in the number as I believe that may cause an issue?

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team