cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Business - Extra level of service??? Not so sure....

jtankard
Dabbler

Plusnet Business - Extra level of service??? Not so sure....

So,
I was a residential customer for a while, couple of weeks ago I lost service for 9 days before it was fixed, because I rely heavily on email at home I decided to move our account to a unlimited fibre business account with enhanced support. So far not that impressed, I have to say the support guys on the phone are really friendly and helpful but the time it takes to get through on the phone and then get things resolved just takes so long. I think another business customer on here said business customers are now like second class customers or something similar, I have to agree....
The latest is when the account was moved we got a new static ip, no problem there.... the problem was that the reverse dns was still under the old customers account name, this has now caused email issues as we run our own in-house exchange server, no email so phoned through to business support at 5am on 6-7-15 to advise, they said they would log it and the network team would look into it when they got in at 9am. Its now 12 midnight on 7-7-15 and it still hasn't been implemented.
There just doesn't seem to be enough staff to deal with things, I moved to business for a better support package and I think it may have been a bad move, as I say staff are very friendly and try to do what they can but then things seem to stall...
Nearly forgot.... Although this isn't critical it does have a purpose here and that was for months as a residential customer our pings to bbc.co.uk were always 10 to 15ms, we moved to their business package and from that day our pings are now 27ms, the support guy said moving packages would not have caused this so where have my 12ms gone then? I test this 3-4 times a day at varying times so it is not down to congestion.
I really don't know where to go from here....a business customer without mail for 24hrs is not funny, all they have to do is update the reverse dns record and then let it propagate.
Please PlusNet get back to how you were before being taken over by BT, you once used to care about ALL your customers, large or small.
Regards John Tankard
(Very unhappy business customer at this moment in time)  Sad
4 REPLIES 4
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Plusnet Business - Extra level of service??? Not so sure....

Good morning John,
Really sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced.
I will pick this up first thing (travelling into work now) and give you a call to discuss.
scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for taking my call this morning.
Hopefully all now resolved, plus I closed that other ticket you requested.
jtankard
Dabbler

Well,
This morning I had a call from Stephen. What a really helpful and nice member of staff. All my points resolved and explained. A real credit to PlusNet.
My faith in PlusNet looking after their business customers has now been restored.  Smiley
Kind regards John
scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the feedback!
Don't forget Jon responded to your ticket. 😉 Without his assistance I wouldn't have got the RDNS problem resolved haha