cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Frustrations

ashleyharris

PlusNet Frustrations

I always believe you get what you pay for, which is why I had a business connection at home to get me better unmanaged bandwidth.
I have however moved house and ceased my BT line. I then got a message from PlusNet advising me that a cease order was on my line. I replied saying please cancel my service as I did not know when I would be in the new house as we were staying in another house that we own until we could move in to the new house we were buying.
However it seem stat a ticket asking them to cease my services is not enough. Barmy I know the legals and i seems convenient that it is legal enough for them to email you an invoice and to advise you of a direct debit, but when you use their messaging system to cease a service this is not ok?
Why?
They only want you to call them so they can try and resell you something or go for their house move service.
I know what I want and i would have used PlusNet at the new house when we move in, but having found they have not ceased my services AND kept billing me.
This is absolutely barmy especially as their is no BT line they can provide the broadband on ... and they are still billing me.
Why do you accept email for notifying us of invoices and direct debits, but not when we cease.
Your terms state that we must give one months notice, so accept my ticket using your secure website as my notice?
Absolutely barmy PlusNet you have railed me!
if you look at my account I actually have 5 broad bands with you and I will be ceasing these. I get frustrated with companies like yourselves and anyone else reading this who are thinking of moving to PlusNet I hope you see the frustrations that I and other members put up with.
I called up now and I cannot even speak to their cessation depart as they are closed!
so 24/7 support .. but ask to cancel and they never seem to want to hear !
Yorkshire support .. strong in the arm.... you know the rest!
6 REPLIES 6
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: PlusNet Frustrations

ashleyharris
Completely your fault
with five lines I assume you are some sort of businessman, the information is easy to find and IMO reasonable for any business
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#generalPolicies
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
itsme
Grafter

Sorry Peter completely disagree with you and in the past it was:
To sign up to a PN service could only be done on-line not by phone. Which cause problems if you haven't got internet access elsewhere
To leave PN could only be done by phone not on-line.
Believe now you can sign up by phone so perhaps eventually they will allow users wishing to leave to do this on-line
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

My point is that as a businessman (still to be confirmed) the OP is breaking rule one "always read the contract"
A cancellation request can be made in one of two ways:
By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation is by calling our Customer Options Team on             0800 432 0200       or             0345 140 0200      . Any notice period that applies to the cancellation request will start as soon as a call is made to our Customer Options Team.
By post to: Plusnet, Internet House, 2 Tenter St. Sheffield, S1 4BY. It is recommended that for customers' own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the account username, and if appropriate any final payments due should be included.

Note: we can't reply to cancellation requests made by Ticket. Please contact our Customer Options team on the telephone number above who will be able to deal with your query.

and he is digging a bigger hole for himself by ignoring the second quote from the general cancellation policy  Sad Embarrassed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
ashleyharris

Fair enough but how can then keep billing me for broadband on a ceased line?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Now that is a very good question and I suspect that when a rep arrives some sense may prevail
prichardson
Grafter

We certainly shouldn't  be billing you for any un-contracted ceased lines where you have requested to cancel via the normal means.
Unfortunately I have been unable to identify the account you are refereeing to, so cannot be more specific.
If you can give us the usernames of the accounts in question, I will look into what events have occurred and ensure that any services that are meant to be ceased are closed off.