Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number porting to Plusnet Business

David661
Grafter

Phone number porting to Plusnet Business

Morning all

As some of you may have read in my other post I have been having problems with FTTC from TT Business and so I am thinking of moving to Plusnet Business

The deal looks good, the support looks miles better than TT but I am puzzled

On plusnet site it says I will be given a new number when Plusnet take over the line, but the a sales rep from Plusnet said I can keep my TT number so which is it ?Huh

I really do not want to have to change the number - it will cost me sales

13 REPLIES 13
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Phone number porting to Plusnet Business

Hi @David661

If you input your telephone into the "Broadband Availability In Your Area" when starting the signup process our system will automatically try to retain the number, but if you can PM me the landline number you're wanting to keep I'll be happy to see if this is possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

Stunningly incompetent reply from TT business re my request for DLM reset

"As this is a fibre broadband it should not be effected by DLM."

I could not believe my eyes when I read it

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your PM.

Preliminary checks show we can request your number is imported but it'd be subject to the current provider accepting the request when we place the order with Openreach.

If you want to signup online using your phone number and drop us a message over here once you've done so I'll be happy to keep an eye on this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

Hi

Thanks for the info but I would have thought in this age of free market, free choice, free for all telecoms TT should have no choice but to allow it to be moved. If talk Talk can refuse that is wrong as it then looks like an attempt to avoid free market choice by locking me to them for my business number or having to get a new number with the risk of lost business.

As ever hard working small traders stitched up by big business, maybe things were better when we all owned the telecoms in the UK prior 1984

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the concern caused by my previous response.

You're right in thinking that the losing provider in your case TalkTalk would need to release the number.

If we're trying to import an active number this should be perfectly OK. In rare instances where there's system issues number ports can be rejected but we should know this within a couple of days of placing the order.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

Hi

Thanks for the update.

The postal address may be an issue if you want more info let me know and I will PM you

Here is the latest info from Talk Talk support

I can confirm we do not use DLM on LLU Fibre lines. We have our own equipment in the exchanges (not wholesale from BT).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've run what checks we can do and from what I can see we should be able to retain your telephone number.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

Hi Thanks

Well I guess I need to let the fault clear off the Talk Talk system before I order from you guys I am told it should be fixed (they say) no later than 26/7. If you think placing an order with you with a fault outstanding on the line would not cause any problems let me know and I will order right away

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries. If you're wanting to signup before the fault has cleared that should be OK.

The fault will just close on their side and we'd raise a new fault if needed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

order placed a few mins ago

Order number - BP03810670

It looks like the figures are wrong somewhere

here is the offer

and my 1st payment and account info

offer.jpg

2nd  invoice.jpg

1st invoice.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for signing up.

Coming into place your order with our suppliers, I think I can see why our automated system is struggling to retain your number.

There seems to be more than one line at your address. I've updated a ticket on your account Here with more detail.

Once we've got confirmation of the line you're wanting us to takeover, we can go ahead and place the order.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

Hi

Well so far all is looking very good, if the line is as good as the service I have had so far then great

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @David661,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, I'll pass this on to @Gandalf. He'll be back in touch once we have an update on the order, but please let us know if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team