cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line repair for business broadband repair will cost £172.80 I have to agree this charge.

harrow
Rising Star

Phone line repair for business broadband repair will cost £172.80 I have to agree this charge.

Note if they can't find fault, or I miss the appointment, the charge still applies.

BT Master socket front plate, also chargeable, PN supplied router @ 8 months old also chargeable.

Can you afford to be here ?

PN, where did it all go wrong ?
7 REPLIES 7
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Phone line repair for business broadband repair will cost £172.80 I have to agree this charge.

Hi @harrow

Note if they can't find fault, or I miss the appointment, the charge still applies.

There may be some crossed wired here. 

The statement reads;

"If the engineer finds the fault to be with one of the checks we have asked you to do, you miss the appointment, or you cancel the appointment within 2 working days of the engineer visit time, we will add a one off fee of ?144 (plus VAT) to your bill." 

The word "if" implies that this will not be charged should none of the above rings true. 

Hope this helps, 

harrow
Rising Star

Re: Phone line repair for business broadband repair will cost £172.80 I have to agree this charge.

You better play back the phone calls then.

If anything I have checked, if the front plate of the master socket, (there are no others), or your router is proved faulty, if there is any possible electrical interference in the area of the property, if I miss the appointment or no fault is found.

Then you have asked me to agree to pay £172.80

I already pay the monthly direct debit and you want more money to repair the service which you can see is faulty.

You to me 

Currently as an external fault has not been identified and confirmed is an unfixable fault then if you were to
cancel the charges would stand. If the issue is with your devices, electrical interference etc then an engineer
call out charge will be charged at you. £144 plus vat @20%

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry if that wasn't represented correctly over the phone but I'm backing up what Alisdair has said, the fee is only relevant for the reasons he's mentioned and isn't chargeable by default. 

We'd just need you to respond to the ticket agreeing to the potential charge so we could make a booking and move things forward with the fault investigation for you. 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
harrow
Rising Star

Question 181106543 has been passed to you

The cancellation charge stated is £88.50, not £172.80.
If you wish to discuss this further please speak to our customer options team. They are available as per below:
0800 013 2632 (from within the UK)
+44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
You can find out how busy we are before you call by visiting our Support Statistics.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 028 0282 if
we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post released from Spam Filter then removed from thread.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @harrow

The ticket you have linked above is for you cancelling your contract during it's term. This was a different ticket to your ticket requesting we send an engineer. The engineer ticket you are looking for is at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=180974535

harrow
Rising Star

This email was sent to me yesterday evening, 

Thu 23 Aug, 20:17 (18 hours ago)

Our Support Team have passed Question 181106543 to you with the comment shown below.

The cancellation charge stated is £88.50, not £172.80.

If you wish to discuss this further please speak to our customer options team. They are available as per below:

0800 013 2632 (from within the UK)
+44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)

9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday

You can find out how busy we are before you call by visiting our Support Statistics.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 028 0282 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @harrow

As explained by deank, the email copied into the post is in relation to cancelling the account. As this is not something you wish to proceed with please click here and reply with your availability for an engineers visit.

To clarify, If the engineer finds the fault to be with one of the checks we have asked you to do, you miss the appointment, or you cancel the appointment within 2 working days of the engineer visit time, we will add a one off fee of £144 (plus VAT) to your bill. This charge will appear within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property, and the engineer will demonstrate to you where the problem exists.

Thank you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional