Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP LCP Auth Failure

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: PPP LCP Auth Failure

OK, cheers for the clarification and extra info richi. 

I'm in on the bank holiday Monday so I'll do my best to check in with you again then. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks, Adam. Those of us also working bank hols salute you!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@richi wrote:

@adamwalker wrote:

No problem Townman, why do you think I've presumed more of the same?

I think @Townman meant he had presumed it.

@richi - correct!

@adamwalker - would never presume to presume what you guys are thinking knowing!! Cool_smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi richi, 

How are things form your point of view today?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks for asking. Stable since the 17-hour outage Weds/Thurs.

But I'm still concerned about the frequent, long outages we've experienced since rejoining Plusnet. I appreciate that the most recent outage is probably a different underlying problem, but four multi-hour outages in as many months is worrying, wouldn't you agree?

It also seems strange to me that PN doesn't want to raise the issue of frequent PPP/LCP auth timeouts. Perhaps it's something as simple as an overloaded Radius server, or a misconfigured cluster. But the fact that it only happens using PPPoA encapsulation and not with PPPoEoA seems odd. As I said before, three attempts to auth isn't in itself a huge deal, but is indicative of a problem that should be investigated before we suffer another multi-hour outage.

Happy to help with providing logs and testing different configs, but unless PN wants to investigate, I'm just a voice crying in the wilderness.