cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing calls barring

rccgohl

Outgoing calls barring

How can I bar calls from going out, please?

6 REPLIES 6
maybeicanhelp
Dabbler

Re: Outgoing calls barring

You could try ring and ask if you can be routed directly to Plusnet whenever you use the phone, they use it when you haven't paid your bill. It's worth a shot.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Years ago Plusnet offered the service for free, you just had to pay if you wanted it removing, see here :https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Call-barring-on-Plusnet/m-p/818783#M7622 . I don't know if it's still available as it's not listed as an available feature in the same way as BT offers it. You can only contact Plusnet and ask or wait and see if a Plusnet staffer comes along and picks up this thread.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@rccgohl wrote:

How can I bar calls from going out, please?

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

I take it that you want to stop people using your business line for making calls?  Are you able to simply remove the phone handset?  Lock it up in a cupboard?  Would one of these serve the same purpose - https://www.capella.co.uk/js131-bt-box.html or try researching phone guard products.  I have a Panasonic DECT phone set which can be programmed to bar outgoing calls.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @rccgohl,

We're not able to offer outbound call barring I'm afraid. I would recommend taking a look into the suggestions that @Townman has made.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rccgohl

Thanks, Emily.

rccgohl

Thank you, Townman. Would try those suggestions.