cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of contract Unlimited Business Broadband price?

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Out of contract Unlimited Business Broadband price?

Can anyone tell me what the current out-of-contract price for Unlimited Business Broadband is? That isn't visible in my account as my account is "stuck" in the billing system, and is about to reach the end of the contract period, so I'd just like to know what it will cost when it does end.

8 REPLIES 8
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Out of contract Unlimited Business Broadband price?

Hi @corringham, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear of your billing being affected by the ongoing issue that you reference.

I've just been and spoken to the Business Customer Options Team who advise me that your best bet would be to give them a call so that they can tailor you a new deal.

You're able to reach them directly on 0800 023 2221.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Account to Business. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
corringham
Seasoned Champion

I had been hoping for a simple answer, but I'll give the options team a call next week to find out the out-of-contract price. I'm not looking for a new deal as ADSL2+ is no longer any use to me (upload in particular is just way too slow), and Plusnet can't offer anything else. I'll cancel my line rental and broadband once I have VoIP arrange, so I was simply hoping to know what I'd pay in the meanwhile.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @corringham,

I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking of moving away from us. If there's anything else we may be able to assist with in the meantime then please don't hesitate to ask and we'll be happy to assist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @corringham I've looked into this for you at our business price guide Here and it appears that our out of contract prices for business package vary depending on the contract length you signed up on and when it was originally. 

Specifically for your account I can see your out of contract costs are in the welcome email we sent at the time your account was created. This email can also be viewed online Here. Having said that I've created a ticket on your account with that detail you can view and reply to from Here

Also if you're looking at faster upload speeds and while I'm sure you may have already thought of this, I thought I'd let you know in case not that we'll be happy to provide you with Annex M which should give you an improved upload speed. This service costs £10 per month. If you'd want this, let me know by replying to the above ticket and I'll get that arranged for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
corringham
Seasoned Champion

Hi @Gandalf, thanks for the information. I had assumed that the out of contract rate would be the prevailing rate at that time rather than the rate at the start of the contract, so that is interesting information.

I have looked into Annexe M previously (I actually used it some years ago at a previous address in the days before FTTC). The problem is that the extra upload it could provide is still quite limited, and is very expensive.

For example, I have test data that changes every few weeks that is around 100GB. With my ADSL2+ upload sync rate of 1Mbps maxed out constantly 24/7 I could upload that in about 12 days (with no other use of the connection). With Annexe M I could probably get a sync speed of 1.6Mbps, which being optimistic could do the upload in 7 or 8 days. As I have other internet traffic too (which mostly also max out the connection), the real times would be much longer. So I'm afraid that even with Annexe M the connection is just not fit for (my) purpose, and as BT/OR have no plans to provide anything better than ADSL2+ I can't see any point in continuing with the connection when 4G can give me uploads of 6Mbps (which can complete the example transfer in under 2 days) for a lower cost.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @corringham thanks for getting back to me. Let me double check the pricing with a colleague from our business team as what you’ve said makes sense and that any business pricing refresh would likely affect the base cost of the package. 

Yeah it sounds like the extra £10 for Annex M isn’t worth it for the rather minimal boost in speed you’ll get. Sad While it’d be sad to see you leave us, realistically it seems that 4G is the best way to go for you and I’d hope you’ll stick around these forums if you do decide to go down that path.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@corringham I've just got some clarification from a colleague in our business customer options team.

Out of contract pricing is £23.50+VAT if you were on a 24 month term, or £27.50+VAT if you were on a 12 month term. That's current as of now, although obviously it may change if we bring out a pricing refresh for our business packages. We'd email everyone it may affect to let them know if that was the case

Hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet