Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option 3 FUP ?

Epyon
Grafter

Option 3 FUP ?

Is this truly unlimited?
I know theres  traffic management but is there a FUP or CAP of any kind?
5 REPLIES 5
mssystems
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Option 3 FUP ?

Strictly speaking.
See quoted ref below.
1. All plus.net customers are subject to FUP
2. It does not matter in the slightest, which words PN might use in their pre-sales literature.  The words in the Ts&Cs are what you agree to.  Those words allow PN to take actions which may, limit bandwidth and/or transfer volume or cease service provision, whenever they choose to. 
In simple words.  PN's Ts&Cs allow PN to take action to manage the network whenever they decide their is a need to.  Traffic shaping, Traffic priority, FUPs, Caps and Termination, are all just examples of 'Network Management.'
Practically speaking.  I have never had a problem with transfer volume on Option 3, hence I continue to recommend it to small businesses who prefer reliability over sheer performance and price. 
Personally, my only annoyance here is PN reserving the right to adversely and arbitrarily interfere with a business operations, via changes to traffic management.  I.e. A business that signs up on the basis that some protocol is at wire speed, may see it's production adversely affected, should PN later decide to subject that protocol to traffic shaping and/or prioritisation.
Ref http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/business/index.html#business_broadband_charges_schedule
Network management
5.3 Plusnet may take action to manage network performance during periods where there is high demand which may include line speed reductions, application and protocol management.
Fair Use Policy
5.4 The Customer must use the Service in accordance with the Fair Use Policy. If the Customer does not do so, Plusnet will take the action set out in the Fair Use Policy, which may include reducing the speed at which the Customer is able to use the Service at peak times or ending this Contract.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Epyon,
Let me know if you have any questions when you've read through that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Epyon
Grafter

So i'm grasping that if the usage is effecting the actual network they make slow down my service sort of similar to BEs ?
Mark
Grafter

if the usage is effecting the actual network they make slow down my service

In a nutshell.
If we feel a customer is negatively impacting the network experience of our other customers, we'll have a word, explain the position and allow the customer to make an informed choice.
We have a number of business customers whith substabtial needs and we'll accomadate that, but if we feel a customer is taking the proverbial and degrading the service for others then we'll intervene.
The network design is there to deliver what businesses today need. VOIP, VPN, Back ups, video conferencing, remote site connectivity, SaaS etc and we appreciate that needs differ. We believe we can accomodate those needs.
Mark

pcoventry
Grafter

When we were on Extra I used to do 16GB in the off peak bit. I thnk the highest I ever got was 153GB off peak and whilst I can cut it down I went for business so I could do my work anytime rather than having to wait till 12.
I hope PN are happy to let me continue. Even in the off peak period on residential I was still very cautious about affecting someone else.