Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the Brink of signing up questions.

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

On the Brink of signing up questions.

I'm thinking of signing up for Teleworker and have a couple of final questions.
Firstly a already having BBYW pro at home can I refer myself and get money off my personal account? If so I have emailed a referral to myself so is it just a case of using that email ref code?
My business site is hosted on my personal account, will I have to swap this over to my business account and if for some reason I cancel my Teleworker can I re-register the domain back to my personal?
Finally one of the biggest pluses to Teleworker is the free calls the downside being the limits looking at this http://www.faktortel.com.au/bandwidthcalc.shtml depending on the codec used if I were to use my free 240 Min I estimate using about 55mb is this about right and do weekends before midnight still class as peak time?
3 REPLIES 3
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: On the Brink of signing up questions.

Hi
There wouldn't be a problem refering yourself for a second account.  I don't see why emailling the code wouldn't work.  The way I have done it is to enter my username during the signup process in the referal section.  I've never had a problem doing it that way.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

OK I signed up, from a punter view though the only reason I stuck with PN for my business use was down to the free voip calls which will be nearly worth the BB fee alone.
That said the 2gig allowance in this day and age to me is totally unacceptable, in my case it might work has my workshop is generally empty through the working week only time will tell.
For the same money BT's option had 10gig but my outgoing calls (usually 01/02 numbers) would have cost. If I need to top up my bandwith allowance with PN that will cost, the Lord giveth the Lord taketh away I suppose.  Roll_eyes
Another thing that disappointed was the 1 port router, on a package thats main selling point is the phone calls the router is just not fit for purpose, my router has yet to turn up so I'm running an old voyager I bought from a car boot sale at the moment although I'll probably just keep it when the PN one arrives.
My advice to the sales dept at PN is to up the limit to 5gig and supplying a decent router would make this a more well rounded package.
BTW not aimed at PN but in general business packages are rubbish compared to residential, why is that? Your paying the same money.
Mark
Grafter

Thanks for the comments and feedback.
All I can say at this point is watch this space.
I reckon most of your comments will be addressed very soon. Smiley