cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Move Nightmare

liberti

Number Move Nightmare

My wife moved business premises on the 25/02/2013 and arranged to transfer her existing number to the new address. On the 23/02/2013 we noticed that the line at the old premises had been cut off but did not take too much notice.  We were told an engineer visit was needed as the new address could not be found on their systems even though the previous tenant was a BT customer and there has been a phone line in the building for 20+ years. We were told there would be a charge of £49 but PlusNet would pay this if we agreed to stay for 18 months.
On the day we moved in the number was still inactive and we arranged to have a call divert to my wife's mobile which Plusnet charged us for. We are now told that the call divert cannot be used as the number is not recognised by Openreach.
We have now just been told that we will have to wait until the 14th March for a second Openreach engineer to call (one did call a few days before we opened and I was surprised he did not want to check the line) After the second engineer calls they predict a further 7 days before the line is active - so no phone until about the 21st March - almost a month after the transfer was promised.
This is a small family business now in its second generation and we're currently losing about £200 per day as our customers cannot phone to make appointments - it's a hairdressers. We still have to pay rent, staff and other overheads but our income is being seriously impaired by this total mismanagement.
I have tried to speak to a senior manager but this request is blocked by call handlers. Tried getting director details and contact number but no joy. Have made an official complaint but your response time is up to 10 days!
Any advice what else I can do?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Number Move Nightmare

I'm really sorry to hear about the delays you're experiencing here.
Usually our business support team would pick this up, however I'll deal with this instead for you as it's a residential account.
If you can bear with me for now due to the time of day I'm able to commit to picking this up first thing tomorrow (around 9am) and I'll do everything I can to try and bring the expected date for the engineering work to be brought forward.
I understand you've asked to speak with a manager and I can see that one is due to contact you within 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: liberti
My wife moved business premises on the 25/02/2013 and arranged to transfer her existing number to the new address.

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Usually our business support team would pick this up, however I'll deal with this instead for you as it's a residential account.

Shocked
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@linberti
I just wanted to draw your attention to my response on ticket  66307269, unfortunately we're not able to expedite the completion date of the broadband order any sooner than the 14th. However we've applied a good will gesture in the form of some discounts that I've detailed on that ticket for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team