cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a good start for a business account

EcaloxAdmin
Hooked

Not a good start for a business account

Well we paid our money and had a date and time confirmed for today... this afternoon between 1 - 6pm

Confirmed my contact details - Email and mobile number.

Nobody turned up.

No call to explain the problem,

No text to explain the problem,

No Email to explain the problem.

So please explain... just how does the Plusnet business model work?

14 REPLIES 14
EcaloxAdmin
Hooked

Re: Not a good start for a business account

Still no messages, emails, texts or a call to explain why the service appointment was missed.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.

Moved to business board.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi @EcaloxAdmin,

A warm welcome to the forums.

There have been some reports of BTOR resource changes having not been communicated to end users ... unfortunately there are also incidents of where BTOR or BTw have cancelled ISP orders and somewhere between BT and the ISP those changes get lost between the systems.

Taking a look at your support tickets (see the link below) might provide more information.  There have been some incidents of tickets not giving rise to email communications.  This needs to be picked up by a staffer.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @EcaloxAdmin

Welcome to the forums, apologies for the poor experience there has been and lack of communication relating to the orders.

I can see you have since been in contact with our business team and they are in the process of getting this resolved for you and will continue to keep you updated.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to get back in contact.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
EcaloxAdmin
Hooked

Dear Plusnet...

I don't need excuses, I don't need to know the background reasons for whatever... We paid our money, Plusnet took the money and entered into a contract.

Plusnet broke the contract.

I don't need to know why you are having difficulties... those are your problem to manage... it is a big boys world out there so find a solution that solves the problem.

Instead of solving the problem "as contracted"... I have been advised to do my own diagnosis on the line and call back to Plusnet with the results. If your engineer had come out he/she could have done that and called back to the exchange to have the line sorted in a couple of minutes.

The problem you have is having too many little boxes to tick and hide behind.

Just send someone to sort the problem will you. You sold a service... now deliver in the agreed contract... which was last Wednesday by the way.

I don't need apologies just the service I paid for.

richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I fear this attitude is endemic among UK ISPs. There are notable exceptions, but the race to the bottom includes so-called "business" services.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I suggest it is more a matter of shout, scream, stamp your feet and rant as much as you want if it makes you feel better, but there is little any ISP can do in the face of BTOR / BTw indifference and a regulatory body (Ofcom) who position themselves subordinate to Brussels to make any meaningful difference to required service standards.

Yes one's contract is with Plusnet, but in the case of faults, their contract with their supplier requires certain end user domain checks to be carried out and confirmed as being carried out before BTOR will accept a request for an engineer call out.  Such checks are essential to mitigate the risk of the fault being with user equipment or internal wiring, giving rise to a sizeable no fault found engineer call out charge.

In this case the user has provided no information about the status of their service ... is it believed to have been commissioned yet ... if no what have they been advised (BT discovering a need to carry out infrastructure works at the time install is attempted is not uncommon) ... if yes, then it becomes a fault process ... what checks have been requested ... and what checks have been completed?  Until the requested checks have been completed, it will not be possible to determine what kind of engineer is required.

Note that remote testing can only verify that the line from the exchange is complete ... it cannot determine where it is terminated.  Crossed lines can be difficult to sort out - the fundamental test for that is to confirm that there is dial tone, that 17070 reports the right number, there is no noise on the line and ringing the phone (from a mobile) causes it to actually ring.  A handset is an essential diagnostic tool.  They are far cheaper than a no fault found call out charge.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

richi
Aspiring Pro

@Townman wrote:

there is little any ISP can do in the face of BTOR / BTw indifference

...except a few other ISPs manage to do more than Plusnet does.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Indeed - though there’s supposed to be a level playing field, some ISPs do seem to get preferential / pritoritised service from BTOR ... some by Ofcom rules (LLU suppliers), some by paying over the odds for priority service ... the cost for which is passed on to end users.

richi
Aspiring Pro

Well, there are at least two separate things going on here:

1. Some services include an "elevated" service level. Among other benefits, this can get you an Openreach engineer to your door sooner than otherwise. When you signed up for Plusnet Business, you were no doubt offered this extra-cost option.

2. Some ISPs or CPs are simply better at managing the relationship with their "suppliers" (Openreach and BT Wholesale in this case). Typically, they will hang on to a problem like a fell terrier on a rat. In general though, these ISPs don't sit at the budget end of the market Wink

EcaloxAdmin
Hooked

Well I was told that if I tested the line then it could all be sorted in a very short time.

So I tested the line... 17070... got the line number and called PLUSNET to update them.

Next I'm told that the line will be live by Wednesday  4th... 6 days later.

After that a request for the Web service would be made and could expect that to be completed 7 days later.

This is a far cry from the confirmed "someone will be out with you on the 28th March between 1pm - 6pm".

If we, as a business, treated our customers in a similar fashion then we would very soon not be a business.

Little people with little tick boxes with little agreed service level agreements and little procedures to hide behind instead of taking a pragmatic approach and jumping to it when something is clearly failing.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Really do need some facts here from a staffer.

All rather sounds like suppliers offered a date, which now for undeclared reasons they cannot fulfil. There can be a multitude of resons for this (not known at the time of placing the order) from old supplier on the line blocking takeover, through spare line port availability ... last but not least engineering capacity given the weather conditions in some parts of the country.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

It looks like our automated system had failed to put your order through to our suppliers when your account was created and didn't automatically raise a ticket to let us know so we weren't aware until you got in touch with us.

I can see your phone line should be up on the 4th. From there we'll place your broadband order and we'll let you know the completion date.

Sorry for the poor experience so far.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
EcaloxAdmin
Hooked

Really not my problem.

When I have an issue that is likely to impact on a customer I move heaven and earth to either solve the issue or where beyond my control or influence, at least contact the customer, explain the issues and either offer an alternative solution or some form of compensation.

It's called making the customer feel important, putting the customer and their needs first.

Because without customers... Plusnet are nothing.