cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet light on hub

Johnhands

No internet light on hub

I am having issues with my internet since Monday. The broadband light is flashing and the internet is off completely. I have tried the following:
Reset, turned router off, changed micro filter, made sure router is plugged in master socket, done a line test 17070.
We had severe thunderstorms on Monday which may have affected it?
I am definitely not tech savvy so any replies need to be dumbed down for me please.
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: No internet light on hub

Hi John,

A warm welcome to the forums.

You said that you did the 17070 test but did not clearly say if the line was silent as a grave yard.

Can you dial out?  Can you receive a call?

Making a call or more likely receiving a call can clear a bad joint issue ... for a short while.

Have you run the broadband fault test?  See the link below.

Are you on ADSL or FTTC?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Johnhands

When I did the line test it wasn’t completely silent but no crackling noises either. The phone line can dial out and receive calls. I think it’s ADSL.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I can see we've already got an engineer visit lined up with you for later in the week so I'll be in touch afterwards to follow things up with you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team