cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Premises - Awful Service. :(

toyworldnw

Moving Premises - Awful Service. :(

I'm hoping that one of the business staff who use the forums may be able to pick this up for me and help, as I've just spent far far too long on hold waiting to speak to somebody.
The issue is regarding the charges levied for a first premises move within my contract - I spoke at great length to an agent on Saturday who was extremely helpful and arranged for a partial refund of the fees as he agreed that they should not have been charged and that the website was misleading and unclear regarding this. He also advised me to raise a complaint to request a refund of the remaining charges which he was unable to do due to his limits (he did try to speak to a manager at the time to arrange this, however they were unavailable).
I've subsequently received a response to the complaint ticket advising that the agent should not have made any refund nor advised me to raise a complaint, and that they were going to listen to the recording of the call. Now I really don't appreciate the inference that I am lying, however please do listen to the recording. I've now received a subsequent response advising that my move order has been put on hold because I've been partially refunded and they want me to pay this money back to them before they proceed with the move - a MAJOR issue given that I am part way through moving into new premises and face having no connectivity for my online EPOS system and PDQ.
If the agent shouldn't have made that refund then that's a matter to take up with him, it's not my concern as he offered me a resolution to my issue during the call - I certainly will not be making any further payments, and I await a refund of the remaining charges as discussed with the agent at the time.
If somebody who can help with this could take a look at the various tickets and then get back to me ASAP, it would be much appreciated. As otherwise I may need to order a line/connection with another provider ready for the move to new premises, in which case I will consider my contract with Plusnet void as you have failed to provide me with the service.
I'm more than happy with the technical service I receive, however have to say that at the moment customer service is leaving a lot to be desired. Sad
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Moving Premises - Awful Service. :(

You might have more luck getting attention if you post to https://twitter.com/Plusnethelp
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I'd like to type this in capital letters, but it would breach the forum rules.
If your business depends on Internet access and you are making a move, install a new line/service at the new location and make sure it works before cancelling the old one.
In theory a migration should work smoothly, my experience is that it did with PN, but I had paid an expedite fee. However plan on the basis the migrate will fail to be available on time.There are so many things to go wrong particularly when there seems to be a "good enough" approach to service by PlusNet and OpenReach.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
toyworldnw

I have contacted them by both Twitter and Facebook as well, however still to no avail. Sad
The plan was that the new line would go live a week before the old one goes off, to provide that overlap. However due to their incompetence the entire order has been out on hold, meaning we will be in the new premises without a functioning EPOS system.
Exceptionally poor I have to say,  and unless it's resolved shortly I will have to place a new order elsewhere,  and also consider seeking legal advice regarding the situation.
What happened to customer service Plusnet?  And what happened to the premium business service we pay extra for?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just taken a look over your account and can see you've had responses to your tickets this morning and the move of premises is in progress. I hope you have no further problems.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.