cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Problems with BT

Docrob
Grafter

More Problems with BT

Sadly it appears to be the only time I post here is when BT has messed up. I am trying to move to Fibre. I take 1/2 day off to be in my Office when the due date comes 11 July.  Man from open reach arrives but cannot connect up as the connection point he has been given has no signal. BT sends a man to fix this - he does not have the necessary skill set to do so (their words) so another engineer has to be provided. BT say the problem is fixed but I now have to go to the end of the line as the open reach appointments have to be made on line and there is no way to bring them forward according to business support. Only after I chased business support by phone did I get a date of 29 July confirmed. On the day man from open reach comes guess what no signal ! contacts exchange and is given a second connection point - still no signal. A second 1/2 day waisted and I only get paid when I work.
I can understand that Plus net is dependant on BT, what I don't understand is why BT seems to be able to get away with this sort of thing - I have had similar things happen before. I wonder if somebody in Plusnet could comment.
5 REPLIES 5
JCohen

Re: More Problems with BT

Hi Docrob,
Thanks for your time on the phone today.
I am sorry to read the issues you have encountered upgrading your line to fibre.
Where our suppliers make an error we are able to escalate the issue with them to ensure the issues are resolved as quickly as possible. We also regularly review service levels with all supply channels to ensure we're both working together to provide the best possible service.
I have spoken to our suppliers who have advised that an engineer will be assigned in the next 48 hours to resolve the cab issue. I have also raised an escalation for you to ensure no further unnecessary delays are incurred.
I have also passed this to one of my colleagues, Dan, who will keep a close eye on it until everything's sorted for you.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

After 30 years in computing & telecoms I learned that for most business situations it is generally better to install a new line, get it working properly and then cancel/upgrade  the old circuit. It avoids being without a phone/comms line into the the business.
Most of the time line upgrades work smoothly, but the cost to the business when an upgrade/install fails can be substantial if the business is left without communication.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Docrob
Grafter

Some progress, BT has fixed the fault in their routing and we are now connected via fibre. The only problem is that while the upload speed has increased to 17Mbyte, download is only 11 Mbyte - slower that the ADSL2 connection. It has not changed since this morning.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hopefully that just means the Plusnet profile ('Current line speed') is yet to be updated.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The profile has aligned now.
Please let us know if you are still getting low speeds and we'll get that looked into for you.