cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly usage limits

mikeeton

Monthly usage limits

I use a Small Business account (£19.99) and the monthly usage limit is 2GB. Most other providers have 10GB to unlimited usage on business accounts. Is it about time the limits were raised?
What do others think?
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Monthly usage limits

There are other business accounts that don't have any limits, but naturally they cost more.
The account you are on is I presume the basic business PAYGO package and as such is cheaper because it comes with a 2GB inclusive allowance. Bandwidth costs money so the more you have the more you have to pay. The actual cost to PN of 1GB of bandwidth has not actually changed in several years due to the BT costs for supplying broadband not changing so for what you are paying, they can't offer any additional allowance.
You can pay for additional allowance if you need it or upgrade to another package that may meet your needs better.
Mark
Grafter

Hi Mike and welcome to the Business users forum.
We have a variety of Business products which are extremely competitive and vary from the PAYG varient such as yours, to those with no fixed limits. It depends on the needs of the individual Business as to which option they go for.
The fixed packages offered by some providers mean that when the bundled limit is reached, data transfer stops. We dont see that as an attractive option. Couple our offerings with the quality of our dedicated Business support and the included extras (many charge extra for a static IP or IP blocks), free domains and included hosting and I think most will find that we offer some of the best Business broadband packages out there.
I have spent some time doing competitor analysis and hopefully I'll be able to share that with our business customers in the near future.
However feedback such as this is exactly what I want to see in this forum. We need to build our products to suit our target base and this forum will provide the medium for people just like you to shape our thinking and indeed our offerrings.
Thanks for you post, which I believe is the first on our new forum and I hope it will be the first of many. I am really keen to engage with our business users and hopefully go that extra mile in meeting your needs and expectations.

pcoventry76
Grafter

Well i was going to post but i thought it was better for someone else. As you know i'v been after this product for a while.
Octofish posted first i believe