cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Charges

homelandtours

Monthly Charges

Hi
When we initially signed up for PlusNet back in 2006, we paid £76.36 monthly for the PlusNet Business Premier Option 3 (BT IPStream Max Premium) product.
Now I see that the monthly charge is only £34.99, a £40 saving!!!!
My question is, is the new business product for £34.99 the same one that I'm paying £76.36 for?
I feel a little disappointed that PlusNet didn't inform me of this change and still inclines to take the initial monthly charge off us.
Could anyone clarify this situation for me.
Thanks
Phil
12 REPLIES 12
James
Grafter

Re: Monthly Charges

Phil,
Thanks for taking the time to speak to me.  Hopefully I've managed to clear everything up.
homelandtours

Thanks a lot for your help James.
vyelland

James
I am in the same position as Phil, what was the conclusion to Phil's question?
Vince
prichardson
Grafter

That unfortunately is only a question Phil can answer for you, as we will not release that on his behalf.
James
Grafter

Hi Vince,
The answer is that Business Premier is no longer for sale and whilst there is now a cheaper solution available in the likes of Business Premier, the product design on these different product was different, for example, option three was designed with larger expected usage consumption, hence the additional costs.
You are more than welcome to change your product to Business Premier, where you should notice no change in service.
vyelland

James
Thank you for your reply.
- When you say I could change my product to Business Premier do you mean the PlusNet Business product at £34.99?
- Also would there be any technical configuration changes made by PlusNet e.g. change of static ip addresses, or smtp delivery to my mail server?
- If I decide to change product, can I do this via the Upgrade option in the member centre?
Vince
James
Grafter

Hi Vince,
Yes, I'm referring to the £34.99+VAT account.  There shouldn't be any changes to your IP Configuration and yes, you would just need to hit the upgrade link in your mamber centre.
It's all pretty straightforward really Smiley
vyelland

James
I tried the upgrade option in the member centre but I get an error telling me to update my payment details. The payment details are correct and by normal billing is successful, any ideas?
Vince
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Are you paying by DD? I beleive it is looking for a credit/debit card on the account in case it needs to charge/charge back a pro-rata amount should you decide to change packages mid-billing.
vyelland

Peter
I am using a credit card for billing.
Vince
James
Grafter

Hi Vince,
I've arranged for your account type to be changed to Business Premier on your next billing date, which is April 14th.
vyelland

James
Thanks for your help.
Vince