cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Plusnet gone wrong, but plusnet shut until Monday for help?.....

Robtheplod
Grafter

Migration to Plusnet gone wrong, but plusnet shut until Monday for help?.....

Sorry to whinge, but I've recommended a good customer of mine to plusnet and they have just migrated their business account to plusnet today. The migration has been a complete disaster - the customer is now unable to access the web/email or ping anything past the plusnet gateway and no traffic can pass either way. At close of play today (Friday) I was a bit alarmed that nothing will now get done on a business account until Monday??  This is rather odd to close business shop over the weekend?  This now means my customer will have a frought Monday as we are unable to get this sorted...
Although I have a call on this, is there ANYONE who can help me???? 
I've tried 3 routers and plusnet have witnessed the problem themselves during tests, so it is proved to be a plusnet issue.
i can supply account details etc if any mods can be of any help!
thanks in desperation!
rob
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Migration to Plusnet gone wrong, but plusnet shut until Monday for help?.....

Sorry the moderators don't have access and can't help (we are just normal customers)
Your only hope is phoning unless a member of staff pops in from his home
You should use the Business Support number 0114 296 5182
Robtheplod
Grafter

Re: Migration to Plusnet gone wrong, but plusnet shut until Monday for help?.....

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the department i need (Networks) don't work weekends!  Not great for businesses!
AndrewFrost

Hi Rob,
We apologise for the issues seen on the account we have been discussing.  I have liaised with Networks and as we discussed on the first call this morning we will require further testing to be done to determine what is causing the issue on this account.
After your further update we have now confirmed that the customer can access the internet ok, we therefore agreed to monitor this further for a few days to ensure no other issues.  Please feel free to contact me in the meantime if you have any other issues or concerns.
Robtheplod
Grafter

this was an odd one as all traffic was blocked at plusnets gateway - working fine now but would be excellent if networks worked over the weekend to deal with issues like this from a business persepective?
lsimister
Dabbler

Hi robtheplod,
Glad to know Andy got it all sorted for you.
With regards to Networks not being in over the weekend, the rarity of issues such as yours governs the working hours of certain teams, in the same way that our call volume determines our call centre's shift patterns. It's not an issue we see regularly by any means (for what it's worth, it's the first time I've come across such issues affecting a single user).
As such, I don't anticipate that in the short term, we'd be making changes that would provide Networks cover over the weekend.
Nonetheless, I'll flag this to the relevant people and if we need to make a change, then we will do.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I've managed the installation of data communications links in many financial centres around the the world during the past twenty years. I quickly learned to never trust the Comms providers to deliver a working circuit on time. Mostly they got it right, but having to explain to a Director that their Milan office cannot communicate for a week or so would not be a pleasant experience.
If the business operation depends on the data link you should never cease a primary link unless there is an operational standby circuit to immediately take its place. Businesses should really have Primary/Standby data link as the normal operation, penny pinching on this can lead to serious business disruption.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.