Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating out a domain - tag change

FIXED
scoria
Fixes: 1

Migrating out a domain - tag change

I need to migrate out a .uk domain shortly and I notice from other articles that it requires manual intervention to finalise the tag change.

If I do this either tomorrow or Saturday (22/23 June) is there a mod/tech that I can contact to get it pushed through straight away?

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Migrating out a domain - tag change

Sure, I'm off tomorrow but on shift over the weekend. If you could drop me a PM that will alert me by email and I'll pick that up.

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scoria

Thanks Adam, will do

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your PM, though I believe that we've since changed the tag?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
scoria

Sadly it isn't sorted yet. The situation I tried to avoid has ended up happening.

On speaking to support this morning they carried out the manual update that should have happened on the weekend.

On transferring a .uk domain, you stop DNS for that domain, the only provider i have seen do this in many years of dealing with .uk domains. So we are into about 53 hours of downtime now so far - all avoidable. Additionally, you don't allow the name servers to be updated in advance.

The receiving company who confirmed that .uk tag and provider changes should be done within minutes, have also said the final part of the process with release from Plus Net's account hasn't happened.

scoria

Fix

We have managed to get the transfer completed with the receiving registrar. Given the PlusNet process can't be completed without downtime (unlike other providers), I'd suggest that is in breach of Nominet's terms and I will be submitting them case details for review.