Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Market 1 Exchange

dccrepairs
Grafter

Market 1 Exchange

Hi all
I am currently a business option 3 customer on a market 1 exchange (myhum) recently sky have installed their LLU equipment in the exchange and talk talk are due to install their own equipment in the exchange my the end of February.
I was wondering that now my exchange has more than one supplier the exchange should soon change it's classification to a market 2 exchange.
In which case should my monthly bill be reduced to be inline with other users on a market 2 exchange or will it stay the same as I am currently still within the term of my 24 month contract?
If a member of staff could get back to be I would be great full
Regards
David
3 REPLIES 3
Mand
Grafter

Re: Market 1 Exchange

Hi there,
Ofcom periodically (once or twice a year) change the market status of an exchange, but until they do you'll continue to be market 1. The price for market 2 on business is the same as for 1, so there would be no price reduction applicable (only market 3 gets reduced pricing).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet are really, really bad about keeping their exchange information up to date so keep an eye on http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/MYHUM and then contact Plusnet when it changes. (Expect trouble because whoever you contact first will look at the Plusnet information and try to tell you it is still Market 1 - posting on here to get someone that knows what they are doing will probably be needed)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dccrepairs
Grafter

Thanks Mand
Thank for that information, although it seems highly unfair that Business customers are forced to pay higher prices on market 2 exchanges when Residential customer can benefit from the lower pricing structure as this also means that I myself will never benefit from your lower prices as my exchange serves a village in will never hit the 10,000 limit needed to class the exchange as a market 3 exchange even if more providers do see the benefit of installing their equipment in the exchange. I am also sure I am not the only one of your customers in the same predicament as myself.
Please do not mis construed this as a complaint as I am very happy with the services you provide me and this excellent level of customer service you provide, it just seems unfair to be paying extra for the same services others receive for a much lower price.
Hi Jelv
Thanks for that, I figured that they would be slow at updating their database (can't see it as a priority over the other services they provide) but considering my comments above the point does seem rather mutt as unless PN are going to change their pricing structure for business customers to include market 2 exchanges at their lower advertised price then i feel my comments would fall on deaf ears.
Thank you however I already use  samknows (that's where i got the information from about sky and soon to be talk talk installed in my local exchange), but I will keep checking as it would be interesting to find out when Ofcom do reclassify my exchange.