Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX Records

Robtheplod
Grafter

MX Records

Hi All
Just thought I'd share my experience over the last few days regarding requesting MX records being changed, as it seems tech support do not know or fully understand how to do it!
I made a request for an additional MX record to be added to our SMTP setup as we have another broadband line and it seemed sensible to use it in this way. I called Tech support and explained what I needed. The chap said no problem and I left it with him. A few hours later all our email stopped as all the MX records had been messed up. I called in again and another chap (different one) said he could see the problem and made more changes. I left it for about 5 hours and then could see he had not amended it correctly - so made the final changes myself (reluctantly, hence why i called for support on previous occasions).
This is now OK, but I'm surprised that there seems to be a common hole of experience amoungst support staff on this - do staff get training on this and understand how important it is to get right?
This is not a one off as we have also had similar problems with other customers we support with plusnet on MX changes... ;-(
This is not a rant as support generally is excellent, just from a business point of view this is an important matter.
cheers
rob
3 REPLIES 3
Mark
Grafter

Re: MX Records

Hi Rob
Would you mind letting me know when you contacted us and if you can remember who you spoke with.
I've checked your account and can't see a ticket or contact raised. Our dedicated business team work 0800 - 2000 and all of those guys should be very knowledgeable regarding MX records.
I've 2 concerns, 1 the level of support you received and 2 the fact that I cant see a contact on your account. (or what I believe to be your account)
Either reply to this thread or drop me a PM confirming which account the query related to.
Mark
Robtheplod
Grafter

cheers mark, how do i pm you?
the account was not my own....
Mark
Grafter

I'll drop you an email if its easier Rob.