cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC number

grahambeek
Dabbler

MAC number

Just tried phoning to get MAC number and recording said queue time was in excess of 10 mins. Why do I have to wait to get a MAC number? Is it to discourage me from leaving? More likely to discourage me from coming back.
Why can't it me emailed?
I would have expected better response for business.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MAC number

Hi Graham
Sorry you're thinking of leaving and that you've been played a message to tell you that there are currently 10 minute wait times. I haven't checked with anyone yet but I'm fairly sure this has been added to our business line in error as there are currently no business customer options calls in our queue.
Please try to call again and hang on until after the message and you should get through to somebody quite quickly who can help.
I will investigate why the wait message was added to the business customer options line.
grahambeek
Dabbler

OK, thanks.
The numbers listed for Business cancellations were 0845 140 6002 and 0330 123 9197. They seemed to go through to the same place, which gave an option list of 1 for residential and 2 for business. The recording given the wait time came on after a couple of minutes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I gave it a try myself to confirm the issue. Unfortunately as I suspected, the message had simply been put on the wrong line. I'm sorry for any inconvenience cause to you, Graham, but we're taking steps to make sure this doesn't happen again.