cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack Of Customer Service

dazza636

Lack Of Customer Service

I run my own small Business and rely on Broadband for all day to day running of my business.
Up until the 24 September 2015 I had been in contract with Talk Talk capped and 40mb download (That's what I chose) until after 6 months in to contract they hiked their prices and I cancelled the contract. My initial plan was to go back to tethering my mobile phone for Internet access which to be fair gave me on average 25mb download, however after looking at the offers on line I decided to go with Plusnet as they offered up to 80mb.
I filled the form in online and had the service installed on the 6th October 2015, given that I have to leave the line to settle for 10 day's I was a little concerned after day 8 that I had seen no speed increase from 35mb so used the Plusnet chat on day 9 to raise my concerns about the speed. I received confirmation of fault/chat log. After several more chat's, phone call and updates that calls had been closed I saw no change in the speed.
On Tuseday 27th October an Openreach engineer showed up, I thought to sort the speed issue but alas it was to rectify the phone line that was dead, I must add I have no interest in the telephone as I don't use it, I use VOIP for my business calls. However I thought that maybe once he resolved the Telephone line issue maybe the speed would increase, once he left I ran another speed test through BT Wholesale with no increase. I chatted again with Plusnet and was told that a call had been placed with Openreach and would be resolved within 72 hours, to my reckoning that meant all would be well by Friday 30th Oct. Low and behold it was not and I am advised that the call had been resolved and another would need to be opened, thus giving Plusnet even more time. I decided that I would cancel the contract so called the cancellation number, waited on the phone for 39 minutes, well left weQ4U holding it to save me money ! was answered by a technician and was told that the cancellation team were closing so he didn't know what would happen if he put me through, well eventually they answered and I was told I would be charged a cancellation fee of over £500 because I was over the 14 day cooling off period. I beg to differ the fault has been there from day 1 and Plusnet have had 3 weeks to resolve it, unfortunately that means I have gone over my 14 day cooling off period, SO BE WARNED if you are having issues from day 1 then just cancel the contract immediately.
Disgraceful Customer Service, how can logged faults be closed without the fault being fixed ? I am currently awaiting feedback from OFCOM regarding this so maybe if he agrees with me there will be no fees, if not then I'll simply ring everyday until I receive the service I am paying for 🙂
Having said all that I have spoken to a pleasant young lady this morning Jodie who has actually helped and got an engineer booked for Monday morning hopefully to fix the problem, we will see !!!!
5 REPLIES 5
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Lack Of Customer Service

I suggest you post on the business users board http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,37.0.html
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That's rather assuming he's taken a business type account and not a residential.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Mod Note
Moved to Business Users Board.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear what's happened.
I can see we've booked a engineer to get this sorted.
I've made our Business team aware as well.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

When you were considering raising an order, did you check what speed would be available on your line before committing to the order?  As I'm sure you know the broadband speed is dependent on several factors including your distance (cable length) from the BT OpenReach cabinet.  Most of the service ordering systems will automatically measure the predicted speed on your line and present the figures to you..
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.