Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined - couple of questions

MadPanther
Grafter

Just joined - couple of questions

Hi
I've just joined and arranged to migrate my residential BT Fibre account to PlusNet Business Fibre with enhanced care, now I have a couple of simple questions Smiley
I'll be using my own router, ASUS RT-N65 which I'm currently using with BT, what will I need to enter as the Account username and password for the fibre connection ?
Do I need to ask for a Static IP Address or is that provided by default ? How do I find out what it is ?
What about the .co.uk domain names ? how do I claim them ? any chance of trading the 2 x .co.uk for 1 x another suffix ?
Last one for ( for now ) how long does it take for the account to go live then I can log in a track what stage  the order it's at and when it will go live ?
Thanks Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
Dobby

Re: Just joined - couple of questions

Hi MadPanther,
The username should be the account username with the realm @plusdsl.net (although you'd usually receive email confirmation of this). The password would be the account password you signed up with.
If you want a static IP, you should be able to add this via the portal and it will be assigned whenever you make the authentication session with us. This should not be set it the router generally as this can cause issues. If there is any issue with this, please either raise a ticket on the account or give the business team a call and we'll gladly assist.
Domain names would need to be either hosted or registered and hosted with us, there is no option to change this for another TLD.
Usually a MAC migration FTTC to FTTC should take around 1 working week and the updates should come to the registered email address on the account. If there are any issues we should generate a ticket and our support team will intervene manually.
Hope this all helps.
Dobby.
MadPanther
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.
Any idea how long it takes for the account to go live ?
So I can login and arrange the static IP and domains.
Regards
Dobby

The account should reflect inside an hour of signup and allow portal access (http://portal.plus.net/).
Dobby
Smiley