cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with merchant card provider and pci compliance.

Petie

Issue with merchant card provider and pci compliance.

Hi everyone.

I have just failed a PCI compliance scan, after receiving the following message.

This vulnerability is either related to your router/firewall. Please update your router/firewall firmware to the latest version and rerun the scan. If it is already running on the latest version then, please provide us a screenshot of the firmware version of your router/firewall to verify that you have the latest version updated. Also, please make sure you include the make and model of the router/firewall and also the date when the latest version was updated. 

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Issue with merchant card provider and pci compliance.

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Business

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

HI Petie,

Thanks for highlighting this - I've asked our Products team to ensure that the latest firmware is present on your router.

As soon as this is pushed, either our Products guys or myself will let you know.

Best wishes

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

See here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Business/PCI-compliance/m-p/1672971#M4223

There is more to PCI-DSS compliance than the firewall functionality of the router protecting against inbound attacks.  Internal risks need to be mitigated by having distinct VLANS for systems processing sensitive data.  Plusnet routers do not facilitate this.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.